Job at Development Bank of Rwanda: Credit Risk Officer (1) (Deadline: 30 January 2018)
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Of recent, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning itself “To be an innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
In order to achieve this vision, the Bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) outlines three (3) key strategic themes;
- Operational Excellence
- Strategic Partnerships
- Dynamic Culture
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, The Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Credit Risk Officer(1)
- Provide the REF Project Manager with support covering the credit strategy, portfolio management, policies, procedures, processes and products;
- Coordinate & oversee the collection of supporting information and evidence documentation for formal verification processes;
- Support & liaise with the Financial Reporting Officer on the design and delivery of fit for purpose information to ensure accurate and consistent REF portfolio reporting;
- Assess & maintain oversight of the credit risk quality by analysing the management information produced & sanctioning verifications;
- Analyse and test compliance to conditions of sanction, monitoring and control, etc. to maintain the quality of the credit risk profile of the portfolios per REF window;
- Develop appropriate aggregation models for assessing and reporting on a REF window portfolio basis by assessing exposure of credit risk.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Banking, statistics, Mathematics or related discipline
- Professional qualifications in a related field (e.g. CFA, ACCA, CPA) would be an added advantage
Experience and Skills
- At least 3 years’ experience in banking or financial services organization in a similar role
- Working knowledge and experience in risk management
- Working knowledge of banking laws in Rwanda
- High level of accuracy in the evaluating financial records and documents.\
- Knowledge of the loan application conditions
- Extensive analytical skills as well as problem identification and solving skills
- Good judgement and mental agility.
Interested candidate should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, , copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, past and current service/employment certificates (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting), motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors as well as their emails and telephone. Only online applications shall be considered.
Email: email@example.com (for only inquiries)
Address all applications to the Chief Human Capital and Administrative Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 03:00 pm.
Details of the job descriptions are posted on BRD website: www.brd.rw
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Only candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted for an interview.
Done in Kigali, the January 10, 2019