In order to achieve this vision, the Bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) outlines three (3) key strategic themes;
- Operational Excellence
- Strategic Partnerships
- Dynamic Culture
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, The Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified candidates to fill the following position:
IT Systems Auditor (1)
· Performs a variety of technical and complex auditing activities of automated information systems and operations;
·Document and analyze various procedures for the area to be audited; test production and application system; and make recommendations for incorporating adequate and cost-effective controls;
· Review and recommend appropriate audit trails of automated systems in the process of development;
· Perform comparative studies and evaluate effectiveness of procedures;
· Review distributed/centralized systems for reliability of output, adequacy of controls and adherence to established standards of operation;
· Audit information processing operations;
· Provide training and technical support for non-information technology audit staff;
· Prepare a variety of technical and analytical reports and correspondence, documenting findings and recommendations;
·Guide on emerging operational, legal and regulatory compliance matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (information management); in Finance or Accounting with additional professional qualifications in systems audit (CISA) or accounting (CPA, ACCA).
Experience and Skills
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in information systems auditing, one year of which must have included significant auditing assignments involving the review of computer-based systems, use of the computer as an auditing tool and evaluation of automated systems in the process of development.
· Knowledge of Principles and practices of information systems analysis
· Understanding of methods and techniques used in performing internal audits
· Experience in modern office procedures; methods and equipment including computers
· Understanding of operational characteristics of applicable auditing software packages
·Demonstration of principles of analytical report preparation
· Knowledge of pertinent local laws, codes and regulations governing internal auditing procedures.
Interested candidate should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, , copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, past and current service/employment certificates (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting), motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors as well as their emails and telephone. Only online applications shall be considered.
Email: email@example.com (for only inquiries)
Address all applications to the Chief Human Capital and Administrative Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 03:00 pm.
Details of the job descriptions are posted on BRD website: www.brd.rw
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Only candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted for an interview.
Done in Kigali, the January 10, 2019