UNDP 2021-2022 African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme: (Deadline 14 September 2021)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the UNDP-AU Young Women Leaders Fellowship which is a 12-month fellowship to equip outstanding young African women.
The AfYWL Fellowship Programme offers an interesting assignment with UNDP at its HQ in New York or in one of its regional or country offices. The fellow may also be assigned to the UN Secretariat or the AU Commission for the second cohort (2021-2022).
About United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
UNDP works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results. This is a critical time for the world. At UNDP, we see this period as a huge opportunity to advance the global sustainable development agenda. In September 2015, world leaders adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all …
African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme
- Type Fellowship
- Organization United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
- Country to study–
- School to study–
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Women
- Application Deadline September 14, 2021
Aim and Benefits of African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme
- The programme will cover expenses related to travel and medical insurance.
- Each fellow will receive a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living costs at their respective duty station.
- An earmarked learning budget will be also allocated for undertaking relevant learning and development activities
Requirements for African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme Qualification
To be eligible for the UNDP-AU Women Leaders Fellowship, applicants must ensure to meet the following requirements:
- Female candidates only.
- National of an African Union member state. Priority will be given to nationals of AU member states that did not benefit from the first cohort of the Fellowship Programme.
- Aged below 34 years at the date of application.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, International Relations/Development, Law, Communications, Digitalization or other related development field.
- Maximum one year (post master) of relevant and paid working experience in research, analysis and programme/project development, implementation and management.
- Available in late 2021/early 2022 to participate in an induction workshop in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Available in 2021/22 to dedicate 12 months to a fellowship assignment.
- Willing to live and work outside their country of residence.
- Understanding of, and interest in, poverty eradication, sustainable structural transformation, the SDGs and Agenda 2063.
- Capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations, and ability to evaluate and analyze information accurately in order to identify key issues and solutions.
September 14, 2021
How to Apply