University of Ottawa 2022 Scholarships for African Students Studying in English: (Deadline 30 April 2022)
The University of Ottawa is proud of the diversity of its international student body. This renewable scholarship is offered to international students who are citizens of African countries, who are admitted in the Fall 2022 term (September start date) or later with an admission average of 80% or higher, who are studying in English, and who enroll in one of the specified undergraduate programs in the faculties of Engineering, Science, or Social Sciences. This significant financial contribution to their education reduces their tuition fees by $17,500 to $25,000 for the excellence scholarships and by $12,000 to $20,000 for the entrance scholarships, depending on the program annually.
All students who are eligible for this scholarship will automatically receive it upon enrolment. It will be applied directly to their tuition fees.
The Entrance scholarship cannot be combined with the Excellence Scholarship for African Students Studying in English.
Our scholarship program is one of the most generous in Canada. It rewards not only your pre-university academic achievements, but also your achievements every term of full-time study at University. The new scholarship will give African students studying in English access to numerous pilot programs in three faculties for a significantly reduced cost of tuition.
In 2020, more than $42 million in scholarships were allocated to undergraduate students and $35 million to graduate students.
In a bid to assist students throughout the application process, the University of Ottawa will host a number of virtual sessions to answer questions and guide prospective students on the application process.
About University of Ottawa
The University of Ottawa is the largest bilingual (English-French) university in the world. Located at the heart of Canada’s capital, we have ready access to the great institutions of our country. Our advances in social sciences, health, engineering, science and the humanities make uOttawa a unique place to learn, grow and excel
Scholarships for African Students Studying in English
- Type Undergraduate
- Organization University of Ottawa
- Country to study Canada
- School to study University of Ottawa
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline April 30, 2022
Aim and Benefits of Scholarships for African Students Studying in English
The entrance and excellence scholarship will provide incoming students with a four-year scholarship to cover the partial cost of their university tuition.
Requirements for Scholarships for African Students Studying in English Qualification
All eligible students are considered for this award and will be notified at the time of their admission. Although no application is required for this scholarship, recipients will be asked to submit proof of citizenship of a country of territory in Africa before receiving their first installments.
The applicant must:
- Be an international student with a valid study permit;
- Have citizenship from one of the countries in Africa;
- Be newly admitted in one of the following undergraduate programs offered in English or with the French Immersion option listed below
- Be enrolled full-time; and
- For the Entrance scholarship: have an admission average of 89.99% or lower once converted in our grading scale
- For the Excellence scholarship: have an admission average of a minimum of 90% once converted in our grading
April 30, 2022
How to Apply
- First the student has to apply here: https://www.ouac.on.ca/ouac-105/
- Then the University would receive the application and generate a Student Number which the prospective student would use to login to the school’s portal, UOZone, and then submit their results and documents for review.
- After a successful review, they will be offered a conditional admission offer which will include the scholarship depending on their average.
The submission deadline for all 2022 nominations is by 5:00 p.m., Central Time, on or before 31st March, 2022.
For more information about the Entrance & Excellence Scholarships, contact Collins.email@example.com or
For more details, visit University of Ottawa website.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.