UNU/IIGH 2022 Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for International Scholars (Malaysia): (Deadline 16 January 2022)
Postdoctoral Fellows at UNU-IIGH are within five (5) years of graduation with a PhD or Professional Doctorate. The Postdoctoral Fellowship provides fellows the opportunity to expand their career beyond the academic research environment to engage with policy application, translation, and dissemination. UNU-IIGH offers an excellent multicultural environment for interaction with scholars from different countries and diverse educational backgrounds.
The 2019-2023 Strategy for UNU-IIGH shifts the institute’s body of work from investigator-driven global health projects to priority-driven, policy-relevant pillars of work. The institute’s mission is to build knowledge and capacity for decision making by UN agencies, UN programmes, and Member States about global health issues. The goal of UNU-IIGH is to advance evidence-based policymaking on crucial issues related to sustainable development and public health. The strategy is implemented through three pillars of work:
- Translating evidence into policy
- Generating policy-relevant analysis related to gender and health
- Strengthening capacity for local decision making
As part of this work, the institute is launching a Gender & Health Policy Hub to provide a platform for collaboration, practice-based learning, and co-production of critical analyses and evidence, as well as broker new partnerships and alliances to extend the sources of evidence and support dissemination and policy translation.
About United Nations University (UNU)
The United Nations University (UNU) is a global think tank and postgraduate teaching organisation headquartered in Japan. The mission of the UN University is to contribute, through collaborative research and education, to efforts to resolve the pressing global problems of human survival, development and welfare that are the concern of the United Nations, its Peoples and Member States. In carrying out this mission, the UN University works with leading universities and research institutes in UN Member States, functioning as a bridge between the international academic community and the Un..
Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
- Type Fellowship
- Organization United Nations University (UNU)
- Country to study Malaysia
- School to study–
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline January 16, 2022
Aim and Benefits of Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
- The successful candidate will be employed under a PSA contract and no reallowances apply. UNU offers an attractive compensation package including a monthly salary of US$3,028.92, commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the candidate. Benefits include 30 days annual leave and a health insurance scheme.
- UNU will cover the cost of travel of the individual to the duty station, as well as their return to their home upon completion of their services. Travel costs are covered only in the event that the function will be undertaken physically in the duty station and excludes working from home arrangements.
- UNU is not liable for any taxes that may be levied on the remuneration you receive under this contract. Payment of any such taxes remains the sole responsibility of PSA holders.
Requirements for Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme Qualification
Required qualifications and experience include:
- applicants must be within five (5) years of completion of a PhD in public health or a related discipline
- professional experience in public health research, policy, or programming
- familiarity with gender-responsive research and/or programming
- familiarity with systematic approaches to searching and evaluating scientific literature
- demonstrated experience in research design
- proven experience with quantitative and/or qualitative research techniques
- experience with policy relevant research, including formulating policy-relevant research questions, undertaking policy analysis, and writing policy briefs
- an analytical approach to defining policy-relevant research questions
- demonstrated ability in conducting data analysis and interpretation
- experience in writing peer-reviewed manuscripts
- excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- excellent time management skills
Other desirable skills:
- experience in working on interdisciplinary research projects
- experience in publishing in peer-reviewed journals
- experience in writing grant applications
- experience in writing progress reports
- experience in implementing research and/or health policy and systems research
UNU is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities to apply and become part of the organization
January 16, 2022
How to Apply
To apply to UNU, you will not need an account. Instead, we ask that you:
- Apply via the apply link;
- fill out the UNU P11 form (please avoid using similar forms provided by other United Nations organisations);
- provide a motivation statement (in the P11 form); and
- answer a few questions that are tailored to the position.
You may wish to refer to the UN Values and Behaviours Framework for more information.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.