Headquarters: Ontario, Canada
Starting Date: TBD ( November 2020)
We will only review those that have followed the Pre-Interview Selection Process at the bottom of this job posting.
About the Opportunity: Our team is looking for someone who is keen to create web sites and develop/maintain our technical architecture to support our community. The ideal candidate will have experience working in the digital technology field, has CRM experience, and thrives on delivering projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
We are looking for someone who wants to grow with our team alongside our entrepreneur Susan Garrett and be a part of our vision to improve the lives of dogs and dog owners by helping them understand each other better. If the thought of bringing your technical skills to our team to help us meet this vision then… we want to hear from you!
A strong IT candidate will have:
Passion for getting the job done right: QA and testing are super important to you. You understand the customer journey and ensure that your work matches expectations.
- A Love of all things CRM: An understanding of the importance of a functional database and its relationship to web pages, and it’s connection to a variety of programs. (Infusionsoft /Memberium/Kajabi) You will also understand the importance of efficiency in processes and documentation!
- Good Communication Skills!You will be communicating with our team daily via messaging and sometimes video or phone hookups. You will also be communicating with our community in writing via our help desk (you don’t have to be Hemmingway, just clear and genuinely helpful).
- A Great Curiosity to Learn:You recognize success leaves clues and you love to investigate what is working for others in your space. As a lifelong learner, you are constantly looking for ways to grow your knowledge and are passionate about innovation, learning new skills and growing your knowledge base.
“Best practices” is something you stand for in your passion for smooth running digital technology.
- You love creating and designing websites. You look for opportunities to make our company stand out, and you’ll be obsessed with the detail and getting it right.
- You say… Bring it on! I love troubleshooting IT challenges!
- When given the opportunity to contribute grow the business you would say – “I LOVE research and development and sharing of ideas for improvement and growth in my area”.
- Website front end with back end support (able to deliver a website end to end). Creating web pages/themes in WordPress and Kajabi will be a core part of this role.
- Web Design skills are essential. If you bring UI experience along with it, that would be great!
- You have experience with designing for mobile-first and adapting for desktop. You understand responsive design.
- Proficiency with CRM management tools – Infusionsoft is preferred, but experience with other CRM solutions will be considered. Memberium is also preferred but not essential if you have the background and skills to jump in and own it!
- Take pride in helping us deliver our online programs with minimal interruption to students around the globe.
- Responsible self-starter with the ability to problem-solve and work in an environment with frequent changing needs and schedules. Cool, calm and collected under pressure. Must possess comfort with competing and shifting priorities.
- Good communication skills and ability to relate to team members and our community world wide.
- Home office with high speed internet (minimum of 10×1 mbps) and up to date computer hardware / software (ideally purchased within the last 3 years).
- 2-3 years relevant experience in Infusionsoft operations, campaign understanding/testing and reporting. automation/segmentation/digital marketing. Campaign automation deployment for marketing.
- Familiarity with full ASK Method Sales funnel.
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance (QA) protocols and ownership of QA sign off for deliverables
- Experience with Product Launch Formula (PLF) knowledge, familiar with the content, training portal, recent upgrades, etc.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with CAN-SPAM/CASL/GDPR anti-spam laws.
- You get easily distracted and need to be closely managed on a daily basis.
- You do not have good time management skills or ability to be organized.
- You are fazed by shifting priorities.
- You don’t enjoy trying new things in technology or trying new tactics to improve efficiency.
- You do not have experience working from home, in a virtual team, or in an agile development environment.
- You do not have attention to detail or a high level of follow through.
- You do not like dogs or communicating with people from all over the world!
2. What’s wrong with this?
5. You are working in text mode in WordPress, what do you need to do before switching over to visual?
6. What’s a flat file?
7. Write the necessary PHP code to convert a date in the format 27/07/2017 into a string suitable for input into a MySQL date field.
8. What’s a split test?
9. What is a primary key?
10. Write the necessary PHP code to insert the date string in question 2.7 into the field called birthday in a custom table called friends in a WordPress MySQL database.
14. What’s a good online resource to send to someone who does not know how to clear cache?
15. Why is metadata important in HTML?
16. What excites you most about online digital technology?
17. How many questions are there above?
18. How did you arrive at the answer to 2.17?
If you have questions not covered in the above feel free to contact us.