Newark, Delaware, The ChristianaCare General Laboratory Department, located at the Christiana campus, is currently recruiting for a Medical Laboratory Scientist to work full time.
This position is midnight shift.
Every other weekend and two to three holidays per year required.
Experience in Chemistry and Hematology is strongly preferred.
Responsibilities: – Accurately performs all test procedures as listed in the procedure manual.
– Performs and records all scheduled instrument preventative maintenance procedures.
– Follows established quality control procedures, documenting corrective action if necessary.
– Adheres to all turnaround times, documents calls as necessary, verifies critical values and specimen identification.
– Verifies completion of all stat results and all routine results in a timely manner.
– Records workload and other statistics into computer system as necessary.
– Performs assigned work safely adhering to established department safety rules and practices.
– Performs other related duties as instructed.
Requirements: – Bachelors of Science in Medical Technology or Medical Laboratory Science / ASCP Certification preferred – Knowledge of clinical laboratory techniques and procedures – Knowledge of infection control techniques and procedures – Ability to coordinate simultaneous tests and procedures with accuracy – Skill in the use of automated laboratory equipment