Nashville, Tennessee, Description Your Role: The Care Partner assists with the delivery of patient care and maintenance of unit environmental standards under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist with the delivery of patient care and maintenance of unit environmental standards under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
Assists with day to day delivery of patient care.
Facilitates efficient and safe patient care and flow by following work area standards.
Serves as a liaison for communication and education of patient and family needs.
Supports unit operations and patient flow by maintaining supplies, equipment and unit environmental standards.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Position Shift: Full Time Nights; 36 hrs/wk 7pm – 7am Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center: Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world.
It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged.
It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated.
It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday.
Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Hear from our employees by clicking this link.
Achieve the Remarkable: Learn more about VUMC Nursing: Nursing Careers : http://www.
html Benefits : http://www.
html Our Nursing Philosophy : http://www.
html Our Nursing Leadership : http://www.
html Shared Governance : http://www.
html Education & Professional Development : http://www.
html Life In Nashville : http://www.
html VUMC Nursing : http://www.
site=vanderbilt-nursing TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES: CLINICAL COMPETENCIES (NOVICE): – Demonstrates sufficient fundamental proficiency to assist and perform clinical care including but not limited to vital signs, phlebotomy, specimen collection and point of care testing as directed by unit standards.
CARE PARTNER PATIENT DOCUMENTATION (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): – Has limited experience or training working with clinical applications for patient documentation.
ENVIRONMENT OF CARE (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): – Has limited experience or training working with set up and maintenance of patient exam rooms, supplies and equipment.
PLANNING & ORGANIZING (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): – Demonstrates ability to anticipate basic resource needs, identify discrete tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work for own assignments and responsibilities.
Appropriately matches equipment, and capital resources to task demands.
Prepares and presents clear and accurate status reports on projects and assignments.
CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES: Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team’s performance with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job.
Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
CORE CAPABILITIES: SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S2): – Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
– Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
– Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S2): – Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
– Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns tosupervisors in a timely manner.
– Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S2): – Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
– Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
– Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S2): – Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
– Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
– Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S2): – Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
– Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
– Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.