Inova Health System
FALLS CHURCH, Virginia, **Inova Fairfax Hospital is seeking a full-time, day shift Registered Nurse on our CATS (Comprehensive Addiction Treatment Services) Unit** This position is 3 x 12 hour shifts, 7:00am to 7:00pm Inova Comprehensive Addiction Treatment Services Program (CATS Program) is a regional leader, providing the highest quality of addiction treatment services for adults, with inpatient and outpatient levels of care.
We offer a series of structured programs that provide effective, compassionate treatment for individuals dealing with all forms of chemical dependency.
These include addiction to alcohol, prescription drugs, heroin, cocaine and other drugs.
CATS is a 25 bed, in-patient, medical detox unit for adults, age 18 and up.
The average nurse to patient ratio is 1:5.
Be part of a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals working in the growing field of addiction medicine.
This is an excellent position for the nurse who has a strong medical background along with knowledge and skills important in a behavioral health unit.
Want to learn more about the CATS at Inova Fairfax Hospital.
Click here to watch a quick video: https://www.
be The Inova Registered Nurse:
* Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team.
Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way.
Incorporates differences into the provision of care.
Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner.
Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
* Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others.
Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines.
Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
* Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge.
Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery.
Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
* Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning.
Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice.
Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor.
Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Competitive paid time off (PTO) accruals that increases with tenure
* Seven annual holidays in addition to your PTO
* Competitive 401k match
* Educational assistance Our commitment to keeping patients safe, means there’s no safer place for you to work.
We safeguard our patients, by safeguarding our team members.
* Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
* Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
* Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
* Inova operates curbside Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
* All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines