WASH Project Coordinator at African Evangelistic Enterprise (AEE RWANDA): (Deadline 20 October 2021)
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMNT 4
JD for WASH Project Coordinator
Name of Position: Project Coordinator
Donor and Name of project: USAID Rwanda, Isooko y’Ubuzima WASH Activity (IUWA)
Location of position: Kigali
Members of project consortium: Water for People; CARE; IRC-WASH; AEE
Level of Effort /Duration of position: 56 months
Reports to: Program Manager
Supervises: 1 Field Coordinator, 10 Field Officers, and 1 M&E Officer
Minimum travel expectation: 60%
African Evangelistic Enterprise (AEE) is a Christian local relief, development, and advocacy organization established in 1987 and dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities to address root causes of poverty and injustice. AEE works closely with CARE to improve rural sanitation and handwashing services and products. AEE with its partner CARE will promote market-based sanitation.
Isooko y’Ubuzima WASH Activity (IUWA) is a five-year USAID funded project that aims to improve access to water and sanitation services. The project will focus on 3 main components led by different consortium members: (1) Improving Decentralized WASH Governance; (2) Improving Rural Drinking Water Services and (3) Improving Rural Sanitation and Handwashing Services and Products.
Position Roles and Responsibilities
1. Project planning and implementation (45% LoE)
- Under supervision of the IUWA Sanitation Project Manager, the National Project Coordinator will lead and coordinate planning and implementation of rural sanitation activities—demand creation and financing for market-based sanitation—under component 3 of IUWA WASH Project approved proposal and work plans, and in compliance with relevant donor guidelines, quality standards and best practices in market-based sanitation.
- Collaborate with IUWA WASH consortium members to ensure utilization of relevant resources, tools, and materials.
- Coordinate the development and alignment of the detailed implementation plan and approved budget
- Provide support to respective field teams in timely fashion to ensure implementation and achievement of agreed milestones.
- Champion implementation of the sanitation marketing strategy in collaboration with District sanitation centers, sanitation product entrepreneurs, and other actors as appropriate.
- Facilitate mobilization and capacity building of identified community structures such as hygiene focal points, village agents, Village Savings and Loan Associations, District Sanitation Centers, and Community Hygiene Clubs to ensure delivery of project results.
- Strengthen linkages between VSLAs, MFIs and sanitation entrepreneurs to increase access to affordable rural sanitation finance and sanitation products.
- Ensure implementation of the social and behavior change strategy, promote adoption of key WASH behaviors, and address harmful gender norms that prevent women and girls from benefitting from WASH investments
- Conduct regular progress reviews on implementation, identify challenges and capacity gaps, and ensure timely flow of information to respective Program Coordinators/Managers.
- Together with finance and administration, lead the preparation of appropriate documentation for procurement of goods and services and ensure effective utilization of project resources in accordance with donor and AEE guidelines
- Effectively participate and contribute to joint planning and review sessions with consortium partners/teams
2. Monitoring, Reporting, and Learning (35% LOE)
- Participate in the development of technical and innovation tools related to market-based sanitation and hygiene interventions, in collaboration with respective MEL, Quality Assurance, and component leads and technical advisors.
- Collaborate with respective program teams to undertake assessments, reviews, and evaluations that capture the priorities of targeted communities.
- Ensure roll out and application of relevant MEL procedures and activities including the use of approved monitoring tools to collect data
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits, provide feedback and recommendations to relevant Program and Management teams as appropriate
- Both formal and information reporting and learning related to what is working and what is not working at the field/community-level for the market-based sanitation and sanitation financing approaches will be needed. The national coordinator will be the primary liaison for communicating these findings and needed program adaptations to CARE and the IUWA consortium.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of quality monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and/or annual technical and financial reports for internal and external purposes; clearly capturing implementation status against agreed work plans and results.
3. Staff management and capacity building (15% LoE)
- Supervise field coordinators, field officers, and M&E Officer, strengthening their capacities and ensuring regular performance management.
- Identify capacity building needs of the team and coordinate capacity building initiatives as appropriate
- Ensure staff adhere to AEE policies, code of conduct as well as rules and regulations upheld by the consortium
4. Coordination and Representation (5% LoE)
- Represent AEE in relevant forums and meetings, both internal and external, and provide timely information and feedback to relevant program and management teams
- Ensure coordination and collaboration with relevant stakeholders in the project sites
- At least a degree in international development, WASH, finance, public health, business, education, or another relevant/related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in relevant field-based project management position with at least 2 in implementing market-based and/or community mobilization approaches, preferably in WASH sector
- Experience with community mobilization, community finance and savings, social marketing, and behavior change marketing campaigns preferably in health and WASH sectors
- Proven track record in project planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and financial management.
- Experience working with VSLAs and/or micro-finance institutions is an added advantage.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with implementing partners, donors, government counterparts private sector actors, and local communities.
- Strong human resource management skills including capacity building, coaching and conflict management.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to give feedback, develop, motivate and lead a diverse team to achieve results.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda is essential.
- Hold a valid driving License (Category A or B)
- Willingness to travel to program target districts with occasional overnight
How to apply:
Please submit the following documents in a single file attachment to the following email email@example.com (please indicate in the subject -application for Project Coordinator).
- Motivation/application letter explaining your suitability for the position (maximum 1page)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages) and notarized copies of academic documents
- 2 referees that are not blood relatives with their full address/contact.
- Recommendation from your church leader, issued within 6 months period
- Copy of your National ID
- Copy of your valid driving license category A or B
Deadline for application: Wednesday 20th October 2021 at 5 pm.
Please, include the below statement in your motivation letter:
“By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that AEE requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics”
Due to the anticipated high interest in this post and the expected number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kigali, Rwanda October 11, 2021
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.