World Bank 2021 Legal Vice Presidency Internship Program: (Deadline 30 September 2021)
The World Bank Legal Internship Program allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest research experiences into the World Bank’s daily operations and improve their legal skills while working in a multicultural environment.
The objective of both programs is to provide you first-hand experiences of the day-to-day operations of the World Bank by closely collaborating with staff in LEGVPU. As part of our team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring development professionals and senior management, you will get the chance to contribute to the legal services offered by LEGVPU as well as participate in high-profile events and conferences organized during the term of your internship.
The World Bank Legal Internship Program is offered thrice a year for a period of maximum three months at World Bank Headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in certain selected country offices for currently enrolled law school students.
About World Bank
With 189 member countries, staff from more than 170 countries, and offices in over 130 locations, the World Bank Group is a unique global partnership: five institutions working for sustainable solutions that reduce poverty and build shared prosperity in developing countries. Together, IBRD and IDA form the World Bank, which provides financing, policy advice, and technical assistance to governments of developing countries. IDA focuses on the worldï¿½s poorest countries, while IBRD assists middle-income and creditworthy poorer countries. While our five institutions have their own country m……
World Bank Legal Vice Presidency Internship Program
- Type Internship
- Organization World Bank
- Country to study–
- School to study–
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline September 30, 2021
Aim and Benefits of World Bank Legal Vice Presidency Internship Program
- Visa: Students partaking in the World Bank Legal Internship Program must have valid student visa documents sponsored by their educational institutions. The World Bank shall only assist attainment of visa documents for participants of the World Bank Legal Internship Program in exceptional cases.
- Cost: The World Bank shall not remunerate participants of the World Bank Legal Internship Program in the form of monetary fees/compensation. Each World Bank Legal Intern must however be remunerated in accordance with World Bank Group policies and standards in the form of (i) monetary fees/compensation paid by the university or other sponsoring organization and acceptable to the Bank; or (ii) academic credit equivalent to the Bank’s fee schedule. Hence, students partaking in the World Bank Legal Internship Program must secure appropriate funding sources for the duration of their internships.
- Medical Insurance: World Bank Legal Interns are responsible for their own medical insurance and any cost(s) arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship period and must show proof of a valid major global medical insurance coverage.
- Onboarding: The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency shall organize a brief onboarding session at the beginning of the Summer, Fall, and Spring Internship Program for the incoming cohort.
- Evaluations on Performance: The World Bank shall not provide evaluation on the performance of participants in the World Bank’s Legal Internship Program.
- Please note that applying or partaking in the World Bank Legal Internship Program does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment at the World Bank upon completion of the Program.
Requirements for World Bank Legal Vice Presidency Internship Program Qualification
Can you be a LEGVPU intern?
- Do you hold citizenship of any IBRD member state?
- Are you currently enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent program?
- Do you have an excellent command of the English language?
If you have answered yes to all these questions, you are eligible to be a LEGVPU intern. Preference shall be given to candidates who possess a decent command of a second language, especially if that is one of the working languages of IBRD (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
Applications from eligible international as well as U.S.-based students are equally encouraged.
Interview date, Process and Venue for World Bank Legal Vice Presidency Internship Program
The World Bank Legal Internship Program is offered thrice a year for a period of maximum three months.
Documents Required for Application
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of enrollment in a law degree (LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent) and academic transcript(s).
- Short essay providing a response to a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency for the prevailing application period.
September 30, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to World Bank on accounts.google.com to apply
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.