Job at Global Communities: Business Advisory Lead, Rwanda (Deadline: 22 September 2017)
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an experienced Business Advisory Services Lead, for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded project in Rwanda. The purpose of this program will be to facilitate the emergence of a dynamic off-farm sector that can generate greater employment. The program will alleviate constraints to entrepreneurship and increase access to finance. Off-farm businesses will be created and grow to provide productive employment for rural populations in order to reduce poverty.
The Business Advisory Lead will implement program activities that facilitate the emergence of a dynamic off-farm sector. He/She will serve as a senior member of the project team and implement innovative approaches to link business support services in Rwanda with entrepreneurs and small, medium, and large enterprises seeking credit. The Business Advisory Lead will collaborate closely with business support organizations in Rwanda to provide training and guidance. He/ She will be responsible for maintaining long-term and productive relationships with service providers and program beneficiaries.
- Lead implementation of strategy to develop and support business advisory services in the off-farm agribusiness sector in Rwanda
- Provide capacity building and technical support to organizations that support entrepreneurs
- Facilitate Rwandan enterprise access to a range of support services, including support in accessing finance and investment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject (MBA, MA in Business Administration, Economics, Trade or any other relevant field); Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience related to SME and/or entrepreneurial development with at least two years of direct business development advisory experience.
- Experience in the off-farm business sector preferred.
- Experience in Rwanda and/or the region required.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English required. Oral and written fluency in Kinyarwanda is desirable.
Rwandans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.