Job at MINISTRY OF EDUCATION: TVET sub-sector Technical Working Group Coordinator (Under contract) (Deadline: 19 April 2018)
The Coordinator will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
– Support Development Partners alignment with government priorities and avoid duplication; create synergies and partnerships in implementation for the TVET sector development
– Support oversee the implementation of TVET measures within ESSP
– Support the revision, coordinated implementation and monitoring of TVET strategy
– Support coordinated Sector analytical works to inform appropriate policies and strategies
– Assist in coordination functions by ensuring information flows are timely, adequate and following up on recommendations.
– Ensure the update of TVET mapping (overview of DP support to TVET)
– Monitor the implementation of TVET Single Action Plan, ensure update as per strategies
– Actively ensure effective and enhanced dialogue within the sector, ensure regular TVET SWGs meetings in coordination with MINEDUC and WDA as per ESWG calendar
– Support in liaising of harmonization of Workplace Learning/Dual Training interventions
– Ensure TVET relevant government institutions, civil society organizations and private sector are invited to participate in the ESWG and TVET SWG meetings.
– Communicate all relevant information concerning the TVET SWG to members; this may include strategic documents, reports, new structures, meeting agenda and schedules.
– Support members’ institutions of the TVET SWG on any other relevant work as deemed necessary and appropriate.
– Support in the elaboration of key sector policies and strategies for the private sector development and youth employment
– Assist facilitate the coordination of all activities within the TVET sector and ensure alignment and harmonization to reach sector outcomes
– Provide support to the Chairs and Co
– chairs of TVET SWG on guidance on process, drafting recommendations from joint reviews and review progress against their implementation
– Analyze the information required by the JSR TOR and tease out key insights.
– Assist mobilize support for corrective measures, long
– term sector priority setting and Development Partners alignment and coordination
– Support monitor the TVET sector performance towards national and sector targets set under ESSP
– Organize TVET SWG meetings in consultation with the Chair and Co
– Chair; this includes setting the agenda, coordinating relevant inputs, and documenting meeting discussions and results/resolutions in the form of detailed minutes.
– Support the organization of technical task forces wherever necessary and appropriate.
– Monitor the implementation of the Single Action plan and support coordinating related M&E activities
– Support prepare an annual work plan for the TVET SWG,
– Share information to all TVET SWG members and the ESWG secretariat in a timely manner
– Bachelor or Master Degree in TVET, Education, Human Resources, and Economics, International Development and Business Administration and any other area related to TVET.
– At least 5 years of professional experience, of which 2 years in a comparable position (sector coordination in a Rwandan Ministry) and proven work experience in TVET.