Job at Ministry of ICT : Electronic Transaction & Data Revolution Specialist (Deadline: 30 December 2017)
1. Develop policies, strategies, standards/regulations and guidelines that enforce electronic transaction
• Identify the possible innovations, the best approaches and practices for an effective cashless economy;
• Develop, disseminate and coordinate the implementation of the cashless strategy;
• Elaborate and disseminate consumer protection rights;
• Enforce storage and legal/ audit recognition of electronic transactions and records both in public and private institutions;
• Drive and promote electronic signature uptake in both private and public institutions;
• Increase the proportion of electronic transactions across all business sectors;
• Ensure the regulation, environment and infrastructure readiness for the electronic transactions uptake.
2. Develop policies, strategies, standards or guidelines that enforce Data centralization and strategic usage.
• Coordinate the implementation of the data revolution policy and elaborate consumer protection guidelines;
• Identify the possible innovations, the best approaches and practices for an effective data centric economy;
• Develop business cases and strategies to effective use of data;
• Disseminate approved guidelines, standards to concerned stakeholders.
3. Manage partnerships with businesses, innovators, SMEs and relevant stakeholders.
• Establish partnership with relevant local and foreign stakeholders;
• Mobilize funds resources, capacity building programs pertaining to the implementation of both the cashless strategy and the data revolution policy;
• Ensure wealth creation for Rwanda through strategic investment in cashless and data businesses.
4. Coordinate, Monitor and Evaluate program and projects under Electronic transaction and Data portfolios
• Ensure that implementation of electronic transactions and data revolution development projects/initiatives are implemented as planned;
• Make informed decisions regarding ongoing developments and trends and propose upgrades and changes to be made if necessary;
• Support the planning, monitoring and evaluation teams both in developing, planning, budgeting and effective reporting.
5. Performing any other duties assigned by the Ministry authorities
• Represent the Ministry where necessary and when requested.
A0 in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Electronics, Software Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, with 3 years of working experience, Knowledge in A+, N+ and CCNA is an advantage; Or Master’s Degree or Equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology,Information Management System, Electronics, Software Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, with Knowledge in A+, N+ and CCNA is an advantage;
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge of Research and development ICT policies and strategies;
– Highly proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems
– Proficient in Microsoft Office products
– Proficient in basic networking protocols and standards
– Knowledge of AD, Exchange, VPN, routers, and wireless internet access;
– Planning and Coordination skills;
– Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software,including applications and programming;
– Interpersonal Skills;
– Communication skills
– Negotiation Skills;
– solving skills;
– Analytical skills
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.