Job at Ministry of ICT: Senior Technologist, Innovation promotion and R&D (Deadline: 30 December 2017)
1. Developing the ICT innovation framework for both public and private sector.
• Support and follow up the development of the ICT Centric National Innovation, Ecosystem and the Tech
– Innovation Policy;
• Support and follow up of the development of the ICT enabled BPO framework and Strategy for Rwanda.
2. Promote, support and strengthen research based innovations in the sector
• Ensure that the development of the ICT sector strategies is based on professional analyses of existing trends, current data and methodical, long
– term thinking;
• Follow up and setup/replicate incubators/accelerators and centers of excellence that promote research and innovation;
• Follow on Rwanda Innovation fund and pursue other sources of funds that promote and support innovation and research.
3. Developing ICT strategies for the Special Economic Zone and for emerging technologies
• Follow up on the implementation of the Kigali Innovation City;
• Identify trends and Initiate policies, guidelines and regulations together with relevant stakeholders that accommodate where necessary emerging technologies;
• Promoting the Investment in ICT and Aftercare (FDIs, Exports, Jobs creation);
• Act as focal person and liaison for investors and stakeholders to the Country’s ecosystem;
• Follow up on existing PPPs and support to ongoing engagements.
4. Account managing and maintaining excellent working relationship with both national and international stakeholders and partners
• Managing private sector related support request to the Ministry;
• Representing the Ministry on projects committees and other various business related technical steering committees and projects;
• Initiate partnerships that promote and strengthen the innovation ecosystem and drive research based technology.
5. Coordinate, Monitor and Evaluate Innovation and R&D projects
• Ensure the national ICT plans are aligned with Innovation and R&D plans;
• Support the planning, monitoring and evaluation teams both in developing, planning, budgeting and effective reporting;
• Support the ICT sector profile as well as ICT Investment profile development.
6. Performing any other duties assigned by the Ministry authorities
• Represent the Ministry where necessary and when requested.
A0 in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Electronics, Software Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, with 3 years of working experience, Knowledge in A+, N+ and CCNA is an advantage; Or Master’s Degree or Equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology,Information Management System, Electronics, Software Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, with Knowledge in A+, N+ and CCNA is an advantage;
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge of Research and development ICT policies and strategies;
– Highly proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems
– Proficient in Microsoft Office products
– Proficient in basic networking protocols and standards
– Knowledge of AD, Exchange, VPN, routers, and wireless internet access;
– Planning and Coordination skills;
– Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software,including applications and programming;
– Interpersonal Skills;
– Communication skills
– Negotiation Skills;
– solving skills;
– Analytical skills
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.