Job at MINISTRY OF LAND AND FORESTRY: DIRECTOR OF PLANNING UNIT (Deadline: 31 October 2017)
• • Coordinate the processes of policy formulation and strategic planning of the Ministry
• Provide guidance in the activities of planning for Ministry and partners
• Lead the establishment of Monitoring and Evaluation system for the Ministry and affiliated institutions
• Oversee the activities of Monitoring and evaluation of policies, strategies and programs.
• Support the development and implementation of policies, procedures and methodologies consistent with monitoring of implementation and methods of evaluation on matters relating to the program.
• Support the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the strategic plans.
• Coordinate the activity to design/enhancement of data collection tools.
• Coordinate the results based management planning and reporting process.
• Coordinate the ICT activities Networking and maintenance of MINILAF
• Assist in developing draft work plans and other planning, Monitoring and Evaluation instruments.
• Assist in enhancing an integrated process of planning, programming, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation. Research analysis and present information gathered from diverse sources.
• Assist in the coordination of evaluations (internal and external) including drafting Terms of Reference, liaising with regional offices and partners, and independent experts.
• Make sure reports are produced and submitted to relevant institutions timely
A0 in Management, Economics, Development Studies, Project Management, Business Administration, Strategy Managementwith 3 years of working experience or Master’s Degree in Management, Economics, Public Policy, Development Studies, Project Management, Business Administration, Strategy Managementwith 1 year of working experience
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge of results based management, logical framework approach,
strategic planning processess and tools;
– Knowledge of Rwanda’s Justice Sector Policies and Strategies;
– Knowledge of drafting Action Plans and Operational Plans;
– Knowledge to conduct policy and analysis and draft proposals;
– Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation concepts, systems and tools;
– Computer Skills;
– Organizational Skills;
– Communication Skills;
– High analytical & Complex Problem Solving Skills;
– Judgment & Decission Making Skills;
– Time management Skills;
– Team working Skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French,knowledge of all is an advantage