Job at Ministry of Youth : Youth Social Welfare Officer (Deadline: 18 January 2018)
The Youth Social Welfare Officer is responsible of:
A. Develop policies, strategies and programmes for social welfare:
1. Elaborate policies strategies and programmes related to youth social welfare;
2. Monitor implementation of policies, strategies and programmes for youth social welfare;
3. Support the Government in the design and implementation of national action plans for youth social welfare.
B. Regularly monitor and evaluate youth social welfare programmes:
1. Conduct, monitoring and evaluation of national youth social welfare policies, strategies, programmes and other related initiatives;
2. Constitute and update regularly the database of partners and beneficiaries;
3. Assess the social welfare needs of youth and propose appropriate mechanisms;
4. Advise strategies to unlock gender gaps and improve social inclusiveness;
5. Prepare the required reports of activities to be shared with the supervisor;
6. Prepare analytical reports on selected subjects within the areas of interest;
7. Carrying out any other relevant tasks assigned by the Ministry authorities.
A0 in Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Clinical Sociology with 3 years of working experience; or Master’s degree or Equivalent in Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Clinical Sociology with one year working experience.
Key technical skills and knowledge:
• Leadership and management skills;
• Knowledge of results based management;
• Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Clinical Sociology;
• Logical framework approach;
• Strategic planning processes and tools;
• Organisational skills;
• Coordination skills;
• Mobilization Skills;
• Communication skills;
• Knowledge in monitoring and evaluation systems;
• Computer skills;
• Time management skills;
• Team working skills;
• Judgement and decision making skills;
• Complex problem solving;
• High analytical skills; Project Design& Management;
• Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and / French, knowledge of both is an advantage.