Job at The Westerwelle Foundation: Operations Manager(Deadline: 10th December 2017)
Position: Operations Manager
Duty Station: Kigali, Rwanda
Reports to: General Manager and ProgrammeManager at HQ
Job Summary:The jobholder will first and foremost be responsible for supporting the General Manager with the launching of The Westerwelle Startup HausKigali (WSHK), which will open its doors to the country’s entrepreneurs. WSHK will give access to all essential services for a successful start-up. This will include training in the fields of business planning, marketing, and financial management as well as the exchange of knowledge with other founders and a co-working infrastructure. As Operational Manager, you will be responsible for the operation of the WSHK on the practical and organizational level, establish and maintain best practices and consistently seek improvements to systems and procedures to provide a great customer experience. You will managethe day-to-day operations of WSHKand coordinate with service providers as needed.
- Ensure the smooth running of the overall operations of WSHK
- Manage and maintain technical infrastructure (e.g. telecommunications, Wifi, printer/scanners, CCTV, etc.)
- Maintain and manage necessary repairs of the furniture and appliances
- Building Management (Security, Cleaning, Infrastructure)
- Responsible for management of the kitchenette / Café
- Technical coordinating of house activities such as pitch days, launch events, workshops, open house and other events
- Liaison with the General Manager to ensure transparent communication with the local team and alignment with global guidelines and processes
- Interaction with startups, mentors, partners as required
- Budget reporting
- Able to take initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction.
- Make prompt, clear decisions and initiates and generates activity.
- Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people.
- Produces new ideas and innovative solutions to resolve problems.
- Able to see and seeks opportunities for organisational improvement.
- Plans activities and projects well in advance, executes in a timely fashion and manages changing circumstances proactively
- Manages time effectively and is able to identify and organize resources needed to accomplish tasks.
- Knows how to monitor performance against deadlines and milestonesaccording to the overall objectives.
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction.
- Able to set high standards for quality and quantity
- Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way and consistently achieves project goals.
Key qualifications and experience:
- University degree (minimum BA) in engineering, IT or hospitality
- 4+ years of work experience in a related field
- Preferably within international organizations or with international clients
- Work experience with hospitality and event management is a plus
Excellent command of English and Kinyarwanda required, good knowledge of other languages is a plus (French, German and Swahili in particular)
This position gives the candidate the opportunity to work in an internationally recognised organisation with an entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment as well as opportunities to learn and work with senior level staff and development partners in the private sector of Rwanda.
How to Apply:
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. All applications shall be marked: “Westerwelle Operations Manager
E-mails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.
CLOSING DATE IS 5PM ON 10th December 2017.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
SANDBERG Ltd is recruiting for Westerwelle Foundation in Rwanda
SANDBERG Ltd is an HR consultancy company which gives inside-insight into the local labor market, its culture, people skills and competences through validated tests and operational experience in the region. In extension to that, gives expert advice on local and regional recruitment possibilities, search and selection, psychometric testing, ability test, team building, training, career coaching and organisational coaching. For more information about our services please write: email@example.com.