Function: Corporate Operations Management
Employer: One Acre Fund / TUBURA
Commitment: Long term career position
Deadline: 28th November 2016
Start Date: Immediate
Who We Are
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. In more than five years in Rwanda, we have grown to serve 100,000 farm families with more than 1,000 full-time field staff. We are Rwanda’s fastest growing professional organization. To help manage this growth, we are looking for a “Driver” to start as soon as possible.
Your Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide reliable, safe, and on-time services to One Acre Fund staff and visitors, as well as inputs and goods, as delegated by your manager, and ensure the highest standards of integrity and sense of responsibility
- Always ensure the safety and custody of your vehicle, people, and items you may be transporting: These items includes all tools, luggage, equipment, spare parts, and any inputs or official One Acre Fund documents you may be transporting. Any damaged or lost goods you may be held responsible for.
- Help unloading and loading vehicles with inputs, items, and/or luggage
- Demonstrate a client-orientated approach, courtesy, confidentiality, and show the ability to work with people of different national and cultural background
- Complete routine vehicle maintenance and safety checks, and report any problems to your manager
- Take pride in One Acre Fund vehicles: Perform minor repairs, arrange for regular maintenance, and ensure our vehicles are kept clean and in good running condition at all times
- Ensure that all the required documents and supplies including vehicle insurance, registration, logs, first aid kits, and necessary spare parts are in the assigned vehicles
- In the event of an accident involving the a OAF vehicle, complete the necessary steps required by Rwanda Law and One Acre Fund
- Maintain daily records for vehicles, logging all trips accurately, recording mileage, fuel consumption, etc.
- Treat everyone, including managers, co-workers, and passengers with respect and humility, and maintain open lines of communication
Knowledge and Experience:
- Maintain a valid driver’s license with class B and D
- Ideally, two years of work experience as a driver with a safe driving record
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Fluency in verbal English is a strong plus.
- High School certificate in related field.
Please click on this link: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41264122616951
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: 0785443136 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.