2 Job Positions at Rwanda Allied Health Professions Council (RAHPC): (Deadline 17 May 2022)
Internal Auditor at Rwanda Allied Health Professions Council (RAHPC): (Deadline 17 May 2022)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Registrar/ Chief Executive Officer(CEO)
1. Scope of Work
The RAHPC intends to hire an Internal Auditor who will be working on Part- time basis to support the Council’s financial systems and assist the Registrar in verification of monthly financial statements. He will work in close contact with the Finance team, the Procurement team, the Administration and Human Resource Team and the Registrar. The Internal Auditor will be administratively report to the registrar of RAHPC and will be accountable to the RAHPC Board of Directors.
The main duties of the Internal Auditor will comprise, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Develop and manage a flexible annual audit plan using appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by management, and submit that plan to the Registrar for review, and for the Board of Directors for review and approval.
- Implement the annual audit plan, as approved, including, as appropriate, any special tasks or the council requested by management and the Board; and report periodically on the status and results of the audit plan and the adequacy of resources allotted to the function.
- Determine whether the risk management, control, and governance processes within RAHPC, as designed and represented by managements, are adequate and functioning at RAHPC.
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control and risk management processes in RAHPC.
- Undertake financial, operational, administrative and information technology audits for RAHPC.
- Undertake review of systems of internal controls maintained by the council to safeguard financial and physical assets and making recommendations to correct any weaknesses.
- Provide advisory services, beyond internal auditing assurance services, to assist management in meeting its objectives; and, maintain a quality assurance program by which the function assures the operation of internal auditing activities.
- Evaluate and assess significant new services, processes, operations, and controls.
- Liaise with the external auditor as appropriate, for the purpose of providing optimal audit coverage of the council.
- Review and advise management on significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities of the RAHPC, including potential improvements to those processes.
- Undertake such other activities deemed to be in conformity with the Institute of Internal Auditors standards and or Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAR) for the professional practice of internal auditing and accounting.
- Carry out special audits and investigations as may be required by the Board and/ or management in case fraudulent activity is suspected.
- Carry out value for money audits to ensure that resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, deployed effectively and adequately protected; in achieving plans and objectives in operations, programs and program support.
- Follow up on the implementation of external audit recommendations.
- Follow up on the implementation of internal audit recommendations and continuous monitoring of the control environment.
- Prepare reports to the Board of Directors’.
2. Academic/Professional Qualification
The Internal Auditor will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration.
- Must have completed any of an internationally recognized Professional Accounting Qualifications such as (CIA, CPA, ACCA, and CQA) or its equivalent.
- Membership with the Institute of Internal Auditors or Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAR).
- Knowledge of accounting packages such as QuickBooks etc.
- Thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and various regional statutory requirements and their application
- Working Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) would be an added advantage.
3. Other skills required
- Ability to implement performance management systems, giving candid performance feedback, rewarding desirable behaviours and providing support to professional development efforts linked to strategic objectives
- Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, data base, spreadsheets, accounting packages, email, internet and the workflow process
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences
- Strong communication and presentation skills including ability to develop proposals, concept papers, position papers as well as write reports and prepare relevant publications
- Risk management and audit processes.
- General fraud prevention strategies.
- Problem solving and analysis.
- Computer literacy.
- Team player.
- Ability to project and uphold Independence of mind.
- Attention to detail.
- Initiative and self-drive for high quality performance.
4. Experience Required
Five (5) years relevant experience in auditing of which at least two (2) years must have been in Internal and Risk Auditing position.
5. Application procedures
- Application letter addressed to the Registrar of the council
- Curriculum Vitae with 3 referees indicating work experience
- Copies of Academic degrees
- Copy Professional certification
- Copy of ID
Application shall be addressed to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline of submission of all applications is fixed on the 17th May, 2022 at 4.00 PM.
GASHEREBUKA Jean Damascene
Rwanda Allied Health Professions Council (RAHPC)
Examination Officer at Rwanda Allied Health Professions Council (RAHPC): (Deadline 17 May 2022)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
KG 632 No.4 Kigali, Rugando
Overview of the Position
The purpose and the role of this position is to assist the Examination committee in management of examination procedures at the RAHPC.
The role and responsibilities will be includedin the Terms of Reference below:
- Having a Master degree in health related programs with a background in any Allied Health Profession
- Having a Bachelor degree in any Allied Health profession with at least 3-years’ experience in the areas stated in point V.
- Calmness under pressure
III. Role and Responsibilities
The Examination officer will Report to the Deputy Registrar and shall be responsible to:
- Liaise with the Deputy Registrar to ensure appropriate timetabling and invigilation arrangements are in place.
- Ensure that candidates are given all the necessary relevant information about examination requirements (Eg: the dates and times of the examinations, conduct during examinations and the publication of results), Registration processes and make sure that this information is given in timely.
- Make appropriate timetabling and room arrangements for the above and ensuring proper examination invigilation of the examinations is put in place.
- Oversee all arrangements for all requirements related to Registry exams registration process
- Co-ordinate the Registration process for Registry exams including reception, verification and compiling candidates’ lists
- Ensure timely arrangement of all necessary materials and requirements for printing are in place.
- Ensure all materials, stationaries and other requirements related to exams process are delivered timely and safely to the exams site and assist the Centre coordinator to ensure that papers are dispatched promptly and appropriately.
- Be responsible for arrangements of the exam site(Hall)
- Deal with all enquiries related to candidates’ registration during the examination process in collaboration with the Registration Office.
- Collaborate with the examination committee to ensure that all examinations start and finish appropriately in line with Council regulations.
- Deal with issues relating to exams appeals, remarking and other administrative issues such as candidates who missed examinations through illness or who required special consideration during marking process.
- Oversee the appropriate publication of the examination results to candidates and public in general
- Organise appropriate arrangements for the support of candidates with special considerations’ requirements in conjunction with the Examination committee (eg PWDs).
- Analyse data from results and report the findings of this analysis to the Council Leadership and stake holders for timely reaction and responding appropriately.
- Undertake any other reasonable related duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the Registrar and CEO
IV. Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Manage and maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the exams
- Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing (High standard of verbal and written communication skills)
- Interact with others in a positive way (Effective interpersonal skills working with a range of internal and external stakeholders)
- Proficient in the use of a range of IT software packages
- Analyse data
- Time management and planning skills to prioritise workload and balance conflicting demands to meet strict deadlines
- Work with a high degree of accuracy
- Work well under pressureand flexibly
- Work well both as part of a team and independently, demonstrating initiative (Regularly review own (and team’s) work and take the initiative to suggest ideas to make improvements)
- Follow relevant policies, procedures and regulation to complete works related to exams
- Deal with enquiries in a professional and sensitive manner
- Work in a confidential manner and observe and adhere to data protection regulations
- Commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the Council
- Undertake relevant training and development opportunities
- Working in an administration environment
- Working in a school/college environment
- Managing the examination process within an educational setting
- Advising senior leadership teams
- Working on several different projects/areas at the same time
- Dealing with confidential matters
- Using a management information system (MIS) within an educational setting or Health system
- Working with databases and managing data input
- Complying with the requirements of RAHPC as a health regulatory body
VI. Application process:
- Requirements for application include: a dully motivated CV, a copy of the ID, an application letter addressed to the Registrar and CEO of the Council, copy of notarized degrees and license, proof of related experience.
- All applications are sent via email@example.com
- The deadline of application in the 17th May, 2022 at 16.00 pm
GASHEREBUKA Jean Damascene
Rwanda Allied Health Professions Council (RAHPC)
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.