2 Job Positions of Senior Research Fellow at Institute of Policy Analysis and Research (IPAR): (Deadline 9 December 2021)
TERMS OF REFERENCE TO RECRUIT A SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOW (2 positions)
The Institute of Policy analysis and Research (IPAR -Rwanda) is a fast growing indigenous, independent, and not-for-profit Rwandan Institution. IPAR seeks to enhance evidence based policy making by conducting timely, relevant, high-quality, policy-oriented analysis and research.
It also promotes a culture of debate and dialogue on policy issues in Rwanda.
To be able to meet the increasing expectations from its stakeholders, IPAR is seeking to recruit an experienced and highly motivated staff at the level of Senior Research Fellow
2. Objectives of the Senior Researcher role
- To provide intellectual leadership to the research team and to ensure IPAR’s research output is quality, timely, relevant, and high impact
- To provide on the job mentoring and coaching of IPAR research staff in areas of their work
- To design, lead and deliver research programmes, consultancy assignments, projects and policy briefs that contribute to meeting IPAR’s core objectives
- To provide leadership in research project management: developing sustainable means to ensure that IPAR’s research is quality assured, submitted to rigorous deadlines, and that budgets are properly designed and managed
- To develop funding proposals and drive the organization’s ability to access new and diverse funding sources
- To contribute to building the public profile of the organization by creating opportunities to participate in various forms of dialogue with public, not-for- profit, private and donor stakeholders and by public speaking and contributing to print and broadcast media
3. Desired Profile of the senior Research Fellow
- Highly motivated research professional, with a Ph.D. in Environmental sciences and or natural resources management; agriculture or other related domains from a top-tier university, with at least 5 years of relevant research experience in a think-tank or active policy research Institute.
- Self-starting and entrepreneurial individual with a firm understanding of policy analysis and how to influence the policymaking process
- Record of high quality research output demonstrable by publications in prestigious outlets including high quality journals, policy documents, and newspapers
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methods and the willingness and ability to transfer those skills to others
- Strong and demonstrable research administration and budget management skills and the willingness to transfer those skills to others
- Leadership track record with experience of managing people, mentoring, and skills transfer within a multi-disciplinary research environment
- Experience of undertaking a similar role in a public policy research institute or think tank
- Fluency in English is essential, working knowledge of French and/or Kinyarwanda is an added advantage
- Highly numerate, with strong skills in microeconomic and statistical analysis, with expertise in statistical software (e.g. SPSS, STATA) very desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply
4. Expected Output
- Reports, proposals, and articles written as needed
- Budgets that area developed and adhered to
- Presentations of research findings made to policymakers, media, and other public audiences
- Funding adequate to support research operations
- Detailed documentation and a database for all work performed
- Deadlines for research projects met within established time frames
5. Reporting structure
The senior research fellow will report to the Director of Research IPAR. He/she will have responsibility for leadership of a research team of up to 12 research assistants.
Delivery expectations will be agreed upon with the senior research fellow when recruited. Regular progress reports shall be submitted on the agreed intervals to be specified at the beginning of the contract, with a strong focus on delivery. External reporting will also be required to IPAR’s board and funders.
6. Duration of Contract
The position is available for immediate start and the duration of the initial contract is one year with possibility of renewal upon satisfactory performance.
An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to successful candidate
8. HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates should send a short cover letter, CV and Academic credentials to email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by 09/12/2021 at 5 pm. Short listed candidates will then be interviewed shortly afterwards. Should you have any further questions please send e-mail on the above e-mails with “Senior Research Fellow Recruitment” in the subject line.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.