Research Fellow at Institute of Policy Analysis and Research (IPAR): (Deadline 9 December 2021)
TERMS OF REFERENCE TO RECRUIT A RESEARCH FELLOW
The Institute of Policy analysis and Research (IPAR –Rwanda) is a fast growing indigenous, independent, not-for-profit Rwandan Institution. IPAR seeks to enhance evidence based policy making by conducting timely, relevant, high-quality, policy-oriented analysis and research. It also promotes a culture of debate and dialogue on policy issues in Rwanda.
In order to meet the increasing expectations from its stakeholders, IPAR is seeking to recruit experienced and highly motivated staff.
RESEARCH FELLOW (1 POSITION)
Desired Profile of the Research Fellow
- Highly motivated research professional, with relevant Masters in Gender, Environmental sciences or natural resources management; agriculture; social development with at least 2 years of experience or Ph.D. or its equivalent from a top-tier university, good interpersonal skills, and at least 1 year of relevant research experience in a think-tank or active policy research Institute
- Self-starting and entrepreneurial individual with an understanding of policy analysis and how to influence the policymaking process
- Record of quality research output demonstrable by publications in policy documents and newspapers
- Some Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methods and the willingness to learn and ability to transfer those skills to others
- Demonstrable research administration and budget management skills and the willingness to transfer those skills to others
- Record of experience in managing people, mentoring, and skills transfer within a multi-disciplinary research environment
- Experience of undertaking a similar role in a public policy research institute or think tank
- Fluency in English is essential, working knowledge of French and/or Kinyarwanda is an added advantage
- Numerate, with strong skills in micro-economic and statistical analysis, with expertise in statistical software (e.g. SPSS, STATA) is very desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply
The research fellow will report to the senior Research Fellow. They will have responsibility for leadership of research assistants.
A formal ‘Terms of Reference’ that clearly outlines delivery expectations will be agreed upon with the senior research fellow and Executive Director. Regular progress reports shall be submitted on the agreed intervals to be specified at the beginning of the contract, with a strong focus on delivery. External reporting will also be required to IPAR’s Board and funders.
Duration of Contract
The position is available for immediate start and the duration of the initial contract is for a period of one year, with possibility of renewal upon satisfactory performance.
A competitive salary is available for this role, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates should send a short cover letter and CV to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by 09/12/2021 at 5 pm. Short listed candidates will then be interviewed shortly afterwards. Should you have any further questions please send e-mail on the above e-mail with “RF recruitment” in the subject line.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.