2 Positions of Alternative Care Location Coordinator at SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda: (Deadline 24 September 2021)
Position Title: Alternative Care Location Coordinator
Vacant positions: 2 persons
Type of contract: One-year renewable based on appraisal performance
Working location: Gikongoro, Kigali
Supervisor: Head of Location
Deadline: 24th September 2021
The National Office of SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda located at Kigali/Kacyiru wishes to recruit 2 Alternative Care Location Coordinators at SOS CV Gikongoro and Kigali Locations. The interested Candidates in this position should send a detailed CV , application letter, and other required documents by no later than 24th September 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Content of the organization
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages is a dynamic social development international organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of vulnerable children. In Rwanda SOS Children’s Villages is an affiliate of SOS Children’s Villages International which is a federation of over 130 SOS Children’s Villages associations worldwide. We build families for neglected, abandoned, or orphaned children, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities. In order to further satisfy this responsibility, we are seeking for our team in SOS CV Gikongoro Location and Kigali committed Alternative Care Location Coordinators.
I. Summary of tasks and responsibilities
Under supervision of the Head of Location, the Alternative Care Location Coordinator shall perform the following duties:
- Ensure daily and smoother run of all activities under Alternative Care programme according to SOS CV policies and other international and national strategic orientation and documents.
- Develop, promote and facilitate the blossoming of the programme under his/her responsibility throughout innovative actions and practices
- Ensure safety, protection, physical and psychosocial well-being of children and young people cared for alternative care programme.
- With support and cooperation from other SOS CV Location staff, champion the implementation of National Gatekeeping Guidelines, measures, and programs to prevent family separation.
- Lead the implementation of various forms of alternative care options and ensure high quality of services to the children according to SOS CV International standards and National Child Care reform.
Supervise Alternative Care programme staff with and provide timely support, guidance, and inspiration towards high quality of care services to the children and SOS Families.
- Ensure preparation of youth care and empowerment programme, facilitate a smoother transition to the independent life and builds a conducive environment for learning, blossoming, formal and informal education and successful professional insertion of Youth under SOS care.
- Using right based approach, He/She strives to meet and respect the best interest of the child, individual needs, and rights of children and young people.
Financial and Administrative Management
- Manages effectively the budget of AC Program unit; implements financial and administrative procedures within the AC program unit in accordance with policies, guidelines, and standards and in consultation with financial support staff
- Supports the Head of CVP Location during the budgeting process including ensuring a link between budgeting & AC program unit plans and priorities
- Approves and monitors budget expenditures in the AC unit to ensure that funds are properly used in line with the annual plan and budget
- Continually looks for ways to provide quality services in a cost-effective manner
Networking, Partnership building, and Advocacy
- Leads partnership building and close cooperation with local government, external organizations, private individuals according to the objectives and needs of the Programme Location
- In agreement with the Head of CVP Location, represents the organization at relevant local networks, forums, platforms, campaigns, working groups, and advocates on behalf of the organization for the promotion of child rights, especially related to children and youth from the target group
Plans and organizes activities in the community to increase awareness about SOS Children’s Villages programme and Alternative care field of work
II. Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following subject area: Social Sciences, Education, Psychology, Management, public administration, and other related fields.
- At least 5 years working experience in the position related field
- At least 5 years in the social/educational field, including 3 years in Managerial responsibilities
- Proven leadership and people management skills, with at least 3 years at a higher decision-making level
- Proven background and s experience in child rights, OVC, would be an added value.
- Positive and professional approach. Ability to work independently, use initiative, keeps commitments, and meets deadlines.
- English proficiency ( Written and spoken skills and French,
- Being legally married is compulsory
- To be Rwandan by Nationality
III. Application Process
Please note: This job description outlines only the general scope of activity and the basic tasks and responsibilities associated with his/her position. It may be supplemented with a more detailed definition of tasks, responsibilities, and work-plan and is subject to change at the discretion of the direct superior.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, send a zipped folder containing your cover letter, curriculum vitae, evidences of your qualifications and experience, 3 traceable professional references as well as an SOS CV ad hoc application form duly filed in and signed.
All documents should be written in English and directly submitted to email@example.com not later than 24th September 2021 at 5:00 pm Kigali time.
N.B: Please mention in the subject of your email the name of the position you are applying for.
Late applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda/ International holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes”.
Done in Kigali on 15th September 2021
Jean Bosco KWIZERA
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.