Head Technician/Electrician at SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda: (Deadline 24 September 2021)
Position Title: Head technician/Electrician
Vacant positions: 1 person
Type of contract: One-year renewable based on appraisal performance
Working location: Gikongoro/Nyamagabe
Supervisor: Location Accountant
Deadline: 24th September 2021
The National Office of SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda located at Kigali/Kacyiru wishes to recruit a Head Technician/Electrician at SOS CV Gikongoro Location. The interested Candidates in this position should send a detailed CV, application letter, and other required documents by no later than 24th September 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Content of the organization
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages is a dynamic social development international organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of vulnerable children. In Rwanda SOS Children’s Villages is an affiliate of SOS Children’s Villages International which is a federation of over 130 SOS Children’s Villages associations worldwide. We build families for neglected, abandoned or orphaned children, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities. In order to further satisfy this responsibility, we are seeking for our team in SOS CV Gikongoro Location a committed Social Worker.
Due to the high amount of risk pertaining to this job, the required electrician is expected to establish risk awareness, prevention, management system within SOS CV. He/She will be in charge of the good functioning of electrical and electronic devises used by various co-workers including wireless devises/equipment. The duties of Electrician start from electrical power to end-users, safe installation, testing, maintenance, and repairs to keep it and all electrical equipment and devises functioning properly. In the course of doing this work, He/She may provide professional advice to users, order parts, demonstrate knowledge of renewable or green energy components and systems. The following specific task will duties shall incumbent to him/her:
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
Maintain properly the home’s electrical system
- Ensure the proper maintenance and the safety of electrical equipment’s
- Repair electrical system in case of power outage
- Monitor the electrical system to detect the power failure
- Examine electrical installation on a regular base, at least twice a year
- Make sure that the electrical system is earthed and comply with the safety standards.
- Provide data consistency in case of hardware malfunction, power outage or operating system failure.
- Propose to renew of an electrical system if necessary
- Set up a backup system that come into play in the event of business interruption.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of the emergency generator
- Make major repairs of plumbing
Keep safe SOS children and staff agents from any hazards.
- Identifyhazardous risks.
- Propose the disposal of faulty machinery and equipment that can lead to electrical accident.
- Keep away from children and staff anything that can cause a situation that poses a level of threat oflife, health, property or environment such as used chemicals, or unhealthy installations, etc….
Take care of the good conservation and the good maintenance of materials and equipment’s.
- Follow the procedure of purchase requisition for necessary materials for repairing materials and equipment.
- Report the status of each materials and equipment every month.
- Engrave new equipment and machines for records and report of the state of all furniture and equipment.
- Follow up of Generator and fulfill the logbook
Develop an action plan and an annual budget and implement it according to liquidity plan
- Work out the maintenance Action Plan and the budget.
- Implement the planned actions according to the liquidity plan of the maintenance annual budget.
Required experience and qualification:
- Education: Diploma A2 in Electricity or Electromechanical with 5years of experience; A1 in Electrical Engineering or other related field with 3years of experience
- Communication skills
- Planning and organizing
- Conflict resolution
- Report Writing
- Speaking English, Kinyarwanda, and French
- Computer literacy: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the internet.
- Knowledge of Electrical maintenance
- Ability to follow a maintenance schedule
- Ability to work alone and self-driven.
Please note: This job description outlines only the general scope of activity and the basic tasks and responsibilities associated with his/her position. It may be supplemented with a more detailed definition of tasks, responsibilities, and work-plan and is subject to change at the discretion of the direct superior.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, send a zipped folder containing your cover letter, curriculum vitae, evidences of your qualifications and experience, 3 traceable professional references as well as an SOS CV ad hoc application form duly filed in and signed.
All documents should be written in English and directly submitted to email@example.com not later than 24th September 2021 at 5:00 pm Kigali time.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
N.B: Please mention in the subject of your email the name of the position you are applying for.
Late applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda/ International holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasise to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes”.
Done in Kigali on 15th September 2021.
Jean Bosco KWIZERA
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.