2021 Griffith University Scholarship in Australia – Fully Funded(Deadline 11 October,2021)
Each year, Griffith University makes available a number of tuition fee offset scholarships to international candidates of exceptional research potential to undertake a higher degree research (HDR) program. This scholarship scheme is known as the Griffith University International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (GUIPRS). The fee offset provided through the award of a GUIPRS will remove the liability of the HDR candidate to pay program tuition fees for the tenure of the award. This document sets out the conditions that apply to GUIPRS awardees.
Policies may be adopted that provide for a limited number of GUIPRS to be allocated to achieve specific strategic objectives. In such cases, there may be additional eligibility requirements or variations to the procedure for selection and award. Such variations will be documented in the relevant scholarships scheme guidelines and/or the minutes of the scholarship selection committee. In such cases, the GUIPRS conditions of award will be amended to reflect the variations applicable to the awardee.
Benefits of 2021 Griffith University Scholarship
Fee Offset : The fee offset provided by the GUIPRS removes the liability of the awardee to pay program tuition fees for the tenure of the award.
Ancillary Costs: The following ancillary costs of undertaking the HDR program are provided for under the terms of this scholarship:
- the cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy which covers the candidate and dependents (if any) for up to 42 months; and
- the Student Services and Amenities Fee for which the scholarship recipient would otherwise be liable during the tenure of the scholarship.
You May Also Like: 2021 Danish Government Scholarship – Fully Funded
- To be eligible for a GUIPRS, an applicant must:
- not be a domestic student, as defined as being a student who is an Australian citizen; or an Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian visa; or a New Zealand citizen; and
- be commencing or enrolled in a HDR program (for which GUIPRS support is available) at Griffith University.
2. A GUIPRS will not be awarded to a candidate who is in receipt of an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth Government designed to offset HDR program tuition fees.
Awardees are ranked and selected on the basis of academic merit, research potential and the quality of the research training environment in which the research project will be undertaken, taking into account the University’s strategic priorities. The selection process and criteria are as set out in Sections 5 and 6 of the Higher Degree Research Scholarship Policy.