About State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation SERI
The State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation SERI within the Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research EAER is the federal government’s specialised agency for national and international matters concerning education, research and innovation policy.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
- Type Postgraduate
- OrganisationState Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation SERI
- Country to study–
- School to study–
- Course to studyNot specified
- State of Origin
- GenderMen and Women
- Application Deadline November 30, 2021
Aim and Benefits of Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
The scholarship covers a monthly payment , exemption of tuition fees, health insurance, air fare, special lodging allowance, etc. See the fact sheets for exact scholarship benefits.
Requirements for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships Qualification
The FCS assesses scholarship applications according to three criteria:
a) Candidate profile
b) Quality of the research project or artistic work
c) Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
Applications are subject to preliminary selection by the relevant national authorities and/or the Swiss diplomatic representation. The short-listed applications are then assessed by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) which subsequently takes the final decision.
The FCS is composed of professors from all Swiss public universities. Scholarship awards are decided on the basis of academic and scientific excellence.
Candidates for the University Scholarships must;
- hold a university degree (Bachelors/Masters) on commencement of the scholarship.
- be able to demonstrate their academic abilities and what they aim to achieve.
- contact the institution and/or the professor supervising their period of research. Universities may request supplementary information and/or set certain additional conditions to determine whether or not you qualify for admission.
- be under the age of 35 (born on or after 1 January 1977).
- be suitably proficient in the language of instruction (French, German, Italian or English) in order to draw full benefit from their studies in Switzerland.
Please refer to the country-specific fact sheets for general and specific eligibility criteria.
November 30, 2021