Accountant at Mantis EPIC Hotel and Suites: (Deadline 28 January 2022)
Mantis EPIC Hotel and Suites is a luxury 4* hotel in Nyagatare, Eastern Province near the northern entrance of Akagera National Park, Rwanda.
With its variety of offerings, the hotel has something for everyone and the ultimate family adventure holiday destination. EPIC Hotel has 77 well-appointed rooms and exceptional business facilities which include a conference Centre and a banqueting venue catering to local and international clientele.
The hotel is managed by Mantis Hotels, part of the Accor group. Accor operates in 100 countries, with more than 4,800 hotels and 280,000 employees worldwide.
The hotel is hiring the right & competent candidate to fill the following vacant position:
1. Accountant (01), Position open to the public
DEPARTMENT: Finance and Accounting
RESPONSIBLE FOR Finance and Accounting
REPORTS TO Finance Manager / Financial Controller
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The Accountant is in charge of the day-to-day activities in regards to Accounting and related. The job incumbent insures accurate and timely submission of information to the Financial Controller, controls and banks all hotel money, ensures proper controls for cash handling, and brings any discrepancies to the attention of the Financial Controller. All work is carried out in accordance with hotel accounting and financial controls under the supervision and functional guidance of the Financial Controller, within the policies and procedures as outlined in line with hotel and corporate policies and guidelines, and the hotel’s business plan.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
IN CHARGE OF CARRYING OUT THE DAILY ACCOUNTING ACTIVITIES
- Files all General Ledger Reports
- Review departments requisitions
- Review stock requisitions
- Review payment vouchers
- Dealing with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of orders
- Creditors accounts records & reconciliation
- Handle petty cash
- Timely cash & bank reconciliation
- Recording debtors invoices & payments in the accounting system
- Cross verification of guest payments (cash, Mobile money & credit card)
- Recording debtors payments into PMS
- Taxes declaration (PAYE, VAT & RSSB) and regular analysis of tax accounts
- Supervise month & year-end stock take
- Prepare Food & beverages costing reports
- Proper filing of accounting documents
- Issues and receives all house floats in order to safeguard and control funds distributed to employees for hotel use
- Performs surprise float counts for Front Office & Restaurant on a regular basis
- Ensures the accuracy of the content of deposit envelopes
- Maintains own float at the statutory amount
- Updates foreign currency exchange rates used in the hotel
- Checks and processes the monthly authorized payroll
- Prepares and calculates final pay
- Analyzes payroll reports, to report discrepancies and take action accordingly in cooperation with the Human Resources Manager
- Prepares and submits all required payroll journals for month-end
- Reconciles and prepares the pension fund administration
- Ensures that correct deductions are made through payroll for advances, season ticket loans etc.
- Maintains accurate and up to date employee payroll files
- Verifies menu price versus banquet price lists and special menus
- Checks extensions, footings, and pricing of all items noted on the banquet invoice and beverage acceptability and compares to the event order.
- Notes discrepancies on the banquet discrepancy reports and forwards information to the Sales Manager Conference & Banqueting for follow-up and approval
- Verifies that banquet room hire charges are correctly allocated for VAT purposes
- Completes the general cashier summary and post cash journal
- Verifies bank deposit slips against total deposits
- Checks foreign currency receipts against deposits
- Verifies foreign exchange gain/loss
- Reports over and short deposits and investigates discrepancies, completing cashier over and short book to balance cash over and short with the General Ledger
- Reconciles tips paid and payable
- Reconciles and controls the operation of the hotel’s bank accounts
- Complies fully with the set financial reporting deadlines as outlined in and by the Financial Controller
- Facilitate the audits
LAWS, REGULATIONS AND POLICIES
- Follows all applicable laws relating to general accounting practices and tax regulations
- Follows all guidelines and dead-lines
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensures that all cash is secure at all times
- Ensures that guest details and accounting information are not disclosed inappropriately
- Maintains high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy and employee confidentiality
- Reports any suspicious behavior of employees to the Financial Controller and Security
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures
- Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
- Supports a safe hotel by applying hotel regulations, and adhering to existing laws and regulations
- Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct
- Responsible Business: show involvement and be interested in environmental and/or social issues by participating in Responsible Business hotel and departmental activities
- Works closely and proactively with all Departments
- Trains and supports employees with the end of shift reports
- Ensures familiarity with in-house facilities to assist guests and promote sales
- Informs and updates the Financial Controller on problems and unusual matters
- Attends meetings and training required by the Financial Controller
- Assists colleagues when needed
- Ensures guest satisfaction by performing duties such as attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and promptly
- Accepts flexible working schedule when necessary for the hotel’s uninterrupted service
- To always be updated on:
– Special promotions
– Marketing promotions
– Laws relating to own field of responsibility
– Union agreements
- Performs required duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner to achieve the overall objective of the position
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with employees and colleagues to promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate
- Projects a favorable image of The Group to the public
Required qualifications & experience
- Proven experience with SAGE Evolution Accounting system
- Proven experience with the payroll software
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email
- At least 1 year experience as a Hotel accountant
- Minimum 3 years work experience in accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a recognized
- Ongoing CPA (Advanced level)
Must be able to do accounting and mathematical calculations
- Proficiency in English is a prerequisite
- Must be able to communicate verbally in English for the purposes of communicating with guests and management.
Mantis EPIC Hotel offers a competitive salary in line with the industry salary range, based on experience and education as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
TO APPLY: Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Academic papers (the successful candidate will be required to submit notarized copies)
- Service certificates proving the work experience
- 3 professional references
All attachments should be in Word or PDF form. No phone calls, please.
This position will remain posted until filled.
Mantis EPIC Hotel is an equal employment opportunity employer
- Applicants must meet the minimum requirements in terms of qualifications.
- Successful candidates will be required to submit a criminal record
- Expected starting is as soon as possible
Interested candidates should submit their applications in English not later than 28th January 2022 at 17H00.
Done at Nyagatare, on the 24 January 2021
Mr. IAN M. WILLIAMS
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.