Aspen Institute New Voices Fellowship 2022 in USA- Funded: (Deadline 20 October 2021)
Nominations are open for the Aspen Institute New Voices Fellowship 2022- Funded. The fellowship is open to all nationalities and the deadline is 20th October 2021.
The New Voices Fellowship at the Aspen Institute is a year-long, non-residential program that provides intensive media and advocacy training for frontline development experts. With support from a team of experienced mentors and trainers, New Voices Fellows develop and amplify their ideas to bring about meaningful change.
The New Voices Fellows are available to comment on global health and development issues. Please get in touch with our team if you’re interested in contacting them for speaking opportunities, media interviews, and op-ed submissions.
The Fellowship offers development experts from Africa, Asia, and Latin America a year-long program of media support, advocacy lessons, training, and writing under the guidance of experienced mentors and trainers. On average, Fellows devote 10% of their working time towards the Fellowship over the course of the year.
The program helps Fellows sharpen their messages, elevate their stories, focus their media targets, and communicate their insights across a variety of media platforms – illuminating crucial perspectives for a broad worldwide audience in order to champion policy change.
Fellows come from a variety of disciplines, ranging from public health to education to poverty alleviation, agriculture, and community activism. All Fellows are experts in their field with a deep understanding of broad development challenges and a passion for communicating their views.
Aspen Institute New Voices Fellowship Fellowship 2022 at a Glance
- February Key In-person Training: Fellows meet in Nairobi, Kenya or virtually for a week-long intensive media and advocacy boot camp.
- March – May: Fellows complete one-on-one remote work with their selected mentor. Fellows and mentors focus on the Fellow’s customized program goals, such as publishing op-eds, giving speeches, and working towards tangible advocacy and policy objectives.
- June In-person Training: Fellows meet in-person or virtually for an intensive story-telling training.
- July – September: Remote work continues as Fellows receive support to write, pitch, and publish Op-Eds, complete media appearances, advocate for their work and broader policy change, and share their stories with targeted audiences.
- October Key In-person Training: Fellows meet for the Aspen Institute’s foundational seminar program. Fellows also explore advance advocacy strategies and prepare for their futures as Senior Fellows.
- November – January: Fellows receive continued support from their mentor until the next class is announced. At that time, Fellows graduate to become Senior Fellows and receive continued guidance and support from the New Voices Alumni Coordinators.
Benefits of Aspen Institute New Voices Fellowship 2022 in USA-
- Aspen Institute will pay all expenses for the fellowship, and occasionally provide funds for Fellows to participate in media-related activities and conferences.
- Open to individuals who are development experts in fields such as food security, global health, human rights, and climate change. For the 2022 class, they will continue to give special consideration to Fellows whose work focuses on COVID-19 relief, vaccine development, and pandemic resiliency.
- Candidates for the Fellowship are expected to have both a record of significant professional achievement, a desire to share their perspectives on global development with a broader international audience, and a desire to advocate for policy change.
- The Fellowship is open by nomination only.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fees during the recruitement Process.Even if mucuruzi.com does it best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and write to mucuruzi.com via this email : firstname.lastname@example.orgNever pay any fee to have a job and never pay any fee to get any opportunity, if you do so , do it at your own risk