Associate Internal Auditor at BBOXX Capital Rwanda: (Deadline 15 December 2021)
JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST ENERGY POVERTY!
At Bboxx, we are transforming lives globally through providing access to clean energy and services, to families and businesses across Africa. Have a look online at what we are doing, to connect families and communities with electricity and cooking services. You could be part of this amazing story!
Our African Head Offices are a lively, and friendly place to work, and you’ll be interacting with a great international team of professionals, who are passionate about ending energy poverty.
Title: Associate Internal Auditor
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Reporting to: Internal Auditor
Lack of energy access in sub-Saharan Africa is a significant problem, with more than 600 million people currently without mains electricity supply. In Rwanda, 9.5 million people or 81% of the population cannot access mains electricity, which has a negative impact on quality of life and limits people’s chances of achieving economic prosperity.
BBOXX is helping to address this issue by providing off-grid communities in developing countries with affordable energy solutions. BBOXX customers typically use a Pay-As-You-Go payment method, which enables very low income customers access to electricity at home that they would otherwise not be able to afford.
Are you interested in being part of a team that provides independent and objective assurance to the firm on the effectiveness of the firm’s internal control structure? Internal Audit has holistic and unique insights on the firm’s functions and activities as well as the renewable energy industry, its products, and operations. We’re looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in the renewable energy sector and want to gain insight into the firm’s operations and control processes.
In Internal Audit, we ensure that BBOXX maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, independently assessing internal control structures, monitoring the firm’s compliance with laws and regulations, raising awareness of control risks, and advising management on developing and implementing smart control solutions.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Participation in planning and scoping reviews of Bboxx NGU’s & B2B entities, meeting with the stakeholders within the area being reviewed to understand and walk through the business and technology processes, and identifying the key risks and controls to be assessed.
- Assessment of the adequacy of the design and operating effectiveness of the controls to mitigate the key risks identified.
- Develop and implement control policies.
- Internal reviews of areas in audit plan and other projects as they arise.
- Assessment of the risk and impact of the issues identified on reviews and production of the report to management.
- Follow up with stakeholders on remediation of actions coming out of issues identified during audits.
- Ad hoc work on firmwide projects around new processes or activities and investigation of incidents.
- Ongoing liaison with colleagues globally and internal stakeholders.
Skills & experience we are looking for
- Bachelors degree holder with at least 3 years of experience in either audit related and/or business support activities, and a strong control mindset
- Part qualified/qualified Chartered Accountant (ACCA)
- Big 4 Audit Firm experience is desirable but not essential
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal) essential
- French would be an added advantage.
- Strong project and time management skills
- Good communicator who can manage multiple stakeholders, keen to drive consensus and influence the outcomes
- Excellent team player who is enthusiastic, motivated to learn, and detailed oriented
- Able to travel 30% to our markets including rural areas of Africa
If you would like to find out more about what we are doing to transform lives through providing access to energy and services, please have a look at www.bboxx.com
Please upload your CV and answer few questions via our online application platform: https://bboxx.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/1197?c=bboxx .
Qualified candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply ASAP.
The deadline for applications is December 15th 2021.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.