Biomedical Engineer at Jhpiego: (Deadline 27 June 2022)
Job opportunity: Biomedical Engineer
Jhpiego enhances the health and saves the lives of women and families in limited-resource settings. For nearly four decades, we have put evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice to overcome barriers to high-quality health care services for the world’s most vulnerable populations. From our origins as technical experts in reproductive, maternal and child health, Jhpiego has grown to embrace new challenges, including HIV/AIDS, malaria and cervical cancer prevention — reflecting the increasing interconnectedness of global health.
At Jhpiego, we value our customers who have our respect, responsiveness, and commitment to excellence; our staff and global network of colleagues who bring cultural diversity, innovation, and a wealth of world experience; and our work culture, which is reflected in our team spirit, transparent communication, mutual respect, flexibility, and dedication.
Position Title: Biomedical Engineer Grade 9
Position Reports to: USAID RISE Technical Director
Full-time position Location: Jhpiego Kigali Head Office
Duration: One-year contract
Summary Scope of Work:
In collaboration with USAID RISE Project, Jhpiego supports the Government of Rwanda to prevent, and respond to COVID-19. Rwanda aims to contain the COVID-19 pandemic, mitigate its impact on the population, and enhance resilient health systems. The primary responsibility of the Biomedical Engineer is to provide technical assistance in the areas of bioengineering and oxygen management capacity at the national facility levels. The position will operate under the leadership of the USAID RISE Technical Director. In collaboration with the project team, the Biomedical Engineer will support the maintenance and implementation of the oxygen ecosystem management.
Responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Have a minimum understanding of the Health Sector strategy on medical technologies and oxygen therapy in Hospitals.
- Support the Medical Technology and Infrastructure Division Team under Rwanda Biomedical Center (RBC) to ensure and monitor regular preventive and curative maintenance as well as to streamline procedures that facilitate repairs of oxygen plants.
- Conduct capacity building to Hospital Biomedical Technicians in oxygen plants management.
- Conduct landscape analysis of the national oxygen supply system and support the development of a supply chain and monitoring digital tool.
- In collaboration with the Medical Technology and Infrastructure Division Team at Rwanda Biomedical Center, support the development and dissemination of respiratory care and oxygen equipment guidelines, Jobaids /SOPs.
- Ensure quality and safety in the utilization of oxygen products and help during supervision
- Ensure technical quality of project objectives in the area of oxygen ecosystem management.
- Coordinate Biomedical Technicians involved in oxygen ecosystem management at the USAID RISE supported health facilities.
- Overseeing the maintenance’s activities by ensuring biomedical technicians assigned to District Hospitals have required skills in identification of faulty PSA plants, identification of accessories, quantification of needs and timely reporting.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
- Having a Bachelor degree in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanic Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering degree, or Clinical Engineering
- Experience in Hospital infrastructure.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience implementing and/or providing technical assistance in the design and implementation of bioengineering projects and health projects in Rwanda.
- Qualified professional with skills for the design, improvement, administration, and implementation of biomedical technologies in hospital infrastructure.
- Trained for the management and development of processes that contribute to optimization of liquid oxygen in individual and national health facilities.
- Excellent skills in training, facilitation, communication, team building, and coordination.
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in English and Kinyarwanda are required. French is an added value.
- Ability to travel nationally to project sites often.
IMPORTANT – HOW TO APPLY!!
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online http://jrims.org/Job_Application/
and upload the following documents in PDF format with your names and subject line “– Biomedical Engineer”:
- Application letter
- Updated CV and academic Degrees and certificates
- 3 professional referees, with their full contacts.
Address the complete application files to the Country Director. The closing date for the vacancy is Monday June 27th, 2022 @5pm. For further information on Jhpiego, please go to http://www.jhpiego.org
Only online applications through the link shall be considered and failure to follow the outlined procedure might result in the application being disqualified.
If you don’t hear from us within three weeks from the submission deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in employment because of age, religion, tribe, race, color, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, marital status, family responsibility, station of life, political opinion, health (includes HIV/AIDS, pregnancy) socioeconomic status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Employment and promotion for any position are based on an individual’s qualifications and merit. Jhpiego does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, orientation or any other fees).
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.