Chemist at LuNa Smelter Ltd: (Deadline 30 June 2022)
LuNa Smelter Ltd is Rwanda’s established tin smelter in Kigali Rwanda. As part of its optimization and localization plans the company is recruiting professionals to fully optimize its production capacity and hence cater for the country’s growing demand in the mining sector, and that of the region.
LuNa Smelter Ltd is looking for experienced professional to fill the following vacancy;
Reporting to: Quality Control Manager
Employment Type: Full time
Required Experience, Skills, Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or similar field
- Minimum experience of 2 years working in Laboratory
- Strong communication skills
- Hands-on experience with some atomic spectrometry and x-ray spectroscopy techniques.
- Having used ICP OES in the previous lab work is an added advantage
- Good knowledge of laboratory health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of analytical chemistry techniques.
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Critical thinking
- Attention to details
- Very good ethics
Key areas of responsibilities
- Operate and maintain available analytical instruments in the laboratory.
- Conduct analysis to support production targets and quality specifications for all saleable products and by-products.
- Conduct analysis of raw materials.
- Prepare samples: All types of sample preparation including sample fusion, acid digestion, metal sample preparation etc.
- Develop analytical methods and their validation.
- Participate in laboratory analytical procedures development& improvement.
- Calibrate Instruments when needed.
- Inspect the workplace to identify and correct hazards and equipment failures; report on malfunctions.
- Keep track of the stock level of laboratory reagents, consumables, and others such as
spare parts, Control samples, certified reference materials, etc.
- Identify errors during the process of sample preparation and sample analysis.
- Proper storage of all samples and solutions analysed or to be analysed in the laboratory.
- Analyse laboratory findings and write a report where necessary.
- Keep all necessary records and follow the laboratory procedures as per ISO/ IEC 17025:2017
- All other duties assigned to him/her by the supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to submit their curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than June 30, 2022.
Email subject: Must clearly state the “job title” you are applying for.
CV Naming: Your CV name must bear both your first and second names respectively.
Note: This position is open locally. All candidates applying for this position will be selected on merit and only those short-listed will be invited for interviews.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.