Communications Associate at Gardens for Health International (GHI): (Deadline 4 July 2022)
Gardens for Health International
Employment Opportunity: Communications Associate
About Gardens for Health International:
Since 2009, Gardens for Health International (GHI) has implemented nutrition-sensitive agriculture programs to combat childhood malnutrition in Rwanda. We seek to fundamentally change the treatment of malnutrition by working with families to establish nutritious home gardens while equipping them with the knowledge to support long-term health. GHI’s core program works with government-run health centers. In addition, we collaborate with a variety of governmental and non-governmental partners to bring our expertise to new settings and populations, including schools and refugee camps. We are an impact-driven organization with a deep commitment to ensuring that every program we design responds to the unique needs of the communities we serve. Our team is flexible, innovative, and passionate about sparking lasting change.
GHI is proudly locally-led, with a dedicated staff of over forty Rwandan nationals. Our headquarters are located just outside of Kigali where we operate a five-acre demonstration and production farm.
The Communications Associate is an exciting opportunity for a highly organized self-starter who shares a commitment to GHI’s values and works.
The Communications Associate is responsible for producing engaging written and visual content for Gardens for Health International’s external audience to contribute to Gardens for Health’s development activities. They will design strategies to attract new supporters and inform existing ones about our work and translate that influence into fundraising across diverse media outlets. The Communications Associate will work with the Development and Partnerships Associate and US Development Lead in cultivating and maintaining relationships with new donors and foundations through compelling storytelling of the organization’s programming. This is a position for a creative individual with strong writing, photography, and videography skills and an ability to craft engaging stories for diverse audiences.
The Communications Associate will serve as a key member of the Development and Communications Team under the direct supervision of the Executive Director who is also based in Kigali, Rwanda.
GHI seeks to hire qualified, committed, and experienced National to fill the following position:
Position: Communications Associate
Place of Work: Kigali with travel to the field as required
Reports to: Communications and Development Manager
Time frame: Open Ended
Start date: Immediately
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Lead the design and execution of the organization’s communications strategy
- Support individual donor stewardship, including relationship management, organizational updates, and thank you notes;
- Producing storytelling content that is locally empowering to the people we serve and engaging to our global network of supporters
- Maintaining GHI’s active online social media presence across platforms including LinkedIn Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Producing fundraising and marketing materials (e.g. program one-pager, donor appeal, annual report) using graphic design to attract new donors and engage existing ones
- Writing and designing monthly newsletters, emails to donors, and blog posts
- Leading the production of promotional videos for both internal and external use
- Updating and Maintaining Gardens for Health’s website to ensure it accurately reflects the organization’s program and work
- Conducting field visits and interviews with field staff and program participants to produce visual and written material to support our online and print media presence
- Capacity building on storytelling for staff
- Support the Executive Director in preparing for conferences and donor meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or Marketing and Media Production or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of working experience
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of attention-to-detail
- Experience in photography with preferred knowledge of Adobe Lightroom
- Preferred skills in videography
- Preferred skills in graphic design with preferred knowledge of Adobe InDesign
- Preferred skills in website design including experience in Square space
- Passion for Gardens for Health’s vision and values, with a commitment to serving the organization’s mission
- Experience working in cross-cultural, international settings
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities, big and small
- Exceptional written communication skills for diverse audiences
- Passion for GHI’s mission, values (commitment to the families we serve, belief in the potential of people, open and honest communication, humility and empathy, and commitment to long-term impact), and culture (“turi kumwe” in Kinyarwanda, meaning “we are all in this together” or “we are one”)
- Bonus: demonstrated experience in food, nutrition, agriculture, and/or global health
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for receiving applications is 4th July 2022. Please mention Communications Associate as the subject of your mail.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.