Recruitment of a Senior Research Fellow at Institute of Policy Analysis and Research (IPAR): (Deadline 12 July 2022)
TERMS OF REFERENCE TO RECRUIT SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOW
The Institute of Policy analysis and Research (IPAR-Rwanda) is a fast growing indigenous, independent and not-for profit Rwandan Institute. IPAR seeks to enhance evidence based policy making by conducting timely, relevant, high-quality policy-oriented analysis and research. It also promotes culture of debate and dialogue on policy issues in Rwanda. IPAR is seeking to recruit an experienced and highly motivated staff at the level of Senior Research Fellow.
- The Senior Researcher’s Role;
- To work in a team to ensure IPAR’s poverty related research output is of quality, timely, relevant and high impact,
- To design, lead and deliver research programmes, consultancy assignments, projects and policy briefs on the topic of poverty, that contribute to meeting IPAR’s core objectives,
- To provide leadership in research project management: developing sustainable means to ensure that IPAR’s research on poverty is quality assured, submitted to rigorous deadlines, and that budgets are properly designed and managed,
- To develop funding proposals, the drive the organization’s ability to access new and diverse funding sources.
- To contribute to building the public profile of the organization, and the Poverty Advisory Group by creating opportunities to participate in various forms of dialogue with public, not-for- profit, private and donor stakeholders and by public speaking and contributing to print and broadcast media
- Desired Profile of the Senior Research Fellow
- Highly motivated Research professional, with a PhD in Economics from a top-tier university, and with at least 5 years of relevant research experience in a think-tank or active policy research Institute.
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methods and the willingness and ability to supervise and transfer those skills to others
- Record of high quality research output demonstrable by publications in prestigious outlets including high quality journals, policy documents and newspapers.
- Experience of undertaking a similar role in a public Research Institution or Think tank
- Strong and demonstrated Research administration and Budget management skills
- Fluency in English is essential, working knowledge of French and/or Kinyarwanda is an added advantage
- Highly numerate, with strong skills in qualitative and statistical analysis, with expertise in Microsoft Office (word, Excel, Power point, outlook) and statistical software (e.g. SPSS, STATA) very desirable.
- Expected output
- Reports, proposals, and articles written as needed
- Budgets that area developed and adhered to
- Presentations of research findings made to policymakers, media, and other public audiences
- Funding adequate to support research operations
- Detailed documentation and a database for all work performed
- Deadlines for research projects met within established time frames
- Reporting structure
The Senior Research Fellow will report to the Director of Research IPAR. He/she will have responsibility for leadership of a research team of up to 40 research assistants.
Delivery expectations will be agreed upon with the Senior Research Fellow when recruited. Regular progress reports shall be submitted on the agreed intervals to be specified at the beginning of the contract, with a strong focus on delivery. External reporting may also be required to IPAR’s board and funders.
An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to successful candidate
HOW TO APPLY?
Should you have any further questions please send e-mail on email@example.com with “Senior Research Fellow Recruitment” in the subject line.
Done at Kigali, on 21/06/2022
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.