Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) at DAI Global LLC: (Deadline 20 May 2022)
DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY (DCOP)
RWANDA NGURIZA NSHORE ACTIVITY
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public-sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
The purpose of the five-year Feed the Future-funded Rwanda Nguriza Nshore project (“Lend so that I may invest”) is to drive rural economic growth through facilitating the emergence of a dynamic agribusiness sector. By alleviating constraints to investment and increasing access to financing, Nguriza Nshore will facilitate the creation and growth of small to medium agribusinesses, as an entry point for broader growth, to provide productive employment for rural populations and reduce poverty. By working with financial institutions, investors, public and private sector business development service providers, and a variety of Government of Rwanda ministries and initiatives, Nguriza Nshore will be the catalyst that strengthens and improves existing public- private platforms that support investment from international, local, bank and non-bank sources, creating a better-functioning finance and investment ecosystem.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) provides technical management and supports the overall management of the activity. S/he also provides technical expertise in identifying and designing key interventions in the three objectives of the Nguriza Nshore activity. The DCOP works closely with the Chief of Party (COP) to manage the day-to-day operations of the activity. In the absence of the COP, the DCOP assumes responsibility for the activity.
The DCOP will have the following primary responsibilities.
- Oversee Nguriza Nshore technical component leads, ensuring communication, continuity and complementarity, and day-to-day management.
- Responsible for the implementation of Objective 1: The capacity of financial institutions to lend to small to medium agribusinesses expanded. Oversee the design and rollout of Nguriza Nshore’s mechanisms to incentivize increased lending and buy down the risk of the first-mover disadvantage associated with development of new products and services tailored for SME clients. This includes working directly with financial institutions and investment entities to develop products and services tailored for SME lending and investment needs.
- The DCOP will work closely with the COP and program senior leadership in the design and continuing iteration of Nguriza Nshore’s Rwanda Catalytic Growth Facility, ensuring the Facility responds to the evolving needs and priorities for growth of the Rwandan entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervises and mentors Nguriza Nshore technical staff at multiple levels.
The DCOP will report to the COP.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or other related field of study such as economics, finance, international development, or agricultural sciences; a master’s degree in one of the aforementioned fields of study is preferred.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in private sector development, engaging with host government partners in order to shape or advocate for policy changes and reform, or SME or agribusiness promotion in Sub-Saharan Africa is desired and experience in SME/agribusiness development is preferred.
- Seven (7) years or more of progressively responsible work experience in managing and implementing multi-faceted private investments, job creation and agribusiness development programs is preferred.
- Experience that demonstrates a solid foundation in and understanding of financial sector development is preferred, including areas such as banking, product and/or financial instrument development, investment management, transaction facilitation, and market development.
- Knowledge of and experience in business development service provision and investor aftercare concepts is desirable.
- Demonstrated, excellent writing and spoken English skills are required. Knowledge of Kinyarwanda as well as in-depth knowledge of the local operating environment in Rwanda is preferred.
- The DCOP’s experience must complement and not perfectly overlap with that of the COP.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please send your applications including CV and cover letter to
Applications are due by May 20, 2022, 5pm CAT
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Women, youth and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.