Director of Research and Consultancy at Ruhengeri Institute of Higher Education (INES-Ruhengeri): (Deadline 27 May 2022)
Ruhengeri Institute of Higher Education (INES-Ruhengeri) is calling for applications for the following vacant position:
Position: Director of Research and Consultancy
One (1) position.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Director of Research and Consultancy will be responsible for providing research leadership, including among others the following:
- Promoting and facilitating the leading-edge research, namely collaborative and interdisciplinary research, in areas related to the mission and vision of INES-Ruhengeri;
- Building, and providing sufficient support for, a community of innovative researchers to enhance research capacity at INES-Ruhengeri and to increase internal and external research opportunities for faculties, departments, unities, services, and students;
- Developing mutually beneficial linkages with industry to develop partnerships and collaborative research, and developing networks between INES-Ruhengeri and researchers in the field, being the public and private sectors, locally, nationally, and internationally;
- Developing strong linkages with appropriate academic departments and units through mounting research opportunities, students’ recruitment and retention, advancing curriculum, etc.
- Interconnecting INES-Ruhengeri to the community concerning research initiatives of mutual benefit;
- Keeping the management of INES-Ruhengeri informed on national and international opportunities relevant to research and consultancy and taking the lead in discussion in the institutions on proposals for developments in these areas;
- Transferring knowledge to society through outreach (collaborative research; seminars; workshops; lectures; websites; publications) and, where applicable, through technology transfer;
The Director of Research and Consultancy will also be responsible for providing administrative leadership, including among others the following:
- Leading strategic planning for the Directorate of Research and Consultancy to ensure that the Directorate’s objectives are aligned with the Strategic Plan objectives of INES-Ruhengeri;
- Overseeing the proper discharge of administrative duties of the Directorate of Research and Consultancy including supervising personnel, financial management, and operations;
- Organize and supervise/coordinate research and consultancy teams;
- Ensuring a good working atmosphere in the Directorate while managing the research plan effectively and efficiently, ensuring that accepted standards of research and ethical behavior are met;
- Oversighting the preparation of bids for research funding and tenders for consultancy by the staff of INES-Ruhengeri, ensuring that appropriate advice has been taken from the Deputy Vice-Chancellor of Administration and Finance on costing;
- Disseminating research findings, and offering lessons learned in communities by interacting with other stakeholders; promoting and organizing conferences, seminars, and study trips for the INES-Ruhengeri community and/or for other partners;
- Drafting and revising policies relating to research and consultancy as requested by the Vice-Chancellor of Academics and Research and ensuring the dissemination within INES-Ruhengeri of all policies, procedures, and practices to research and consultancy;
- Reporting the updated inventory of ongoing research and consultancy activities, ensuring the regular and the quality publication of INES-Ruhengeri Scientific Journal, and preparing the permanent report on all research and consultancy activities of INES-Ruhengeri;
- Making a follow up on research and consultancy related Memoranda of Understanding with partners for smooth implementation and report on their progress;
- Enhancing the reputation and visibility of INES-Ruhengeri by undertaking quality research and communicating that research to the society; and encouraging and supporting the raising of funds for research conducted by the INES-Ruhengeri community.
Minimum Job requirements
- Being at least a Senior Lecturer, a Lecturer with a proven experience, a Senior Researcher with a Ph.D. degree in one of the science domains taught at INES-Ruhengeri;
- Significant research experience is proven by employment background, education, training, and social service data;
- Proof of having the involvement in winning research project; proof of having conducted relevant consultant activities;
- Proven record of excellence in research, consultancy, and capacity for initiating, maintaining, and completing complex research and consultancy projects.
- Significant experience in leading research teams, supervising research staff, and/or experience working in organizations conducting large-scale research and program evaluations, especially those involving individuals across a range of fields and disciplines.
- Proven experience in collaboration with international bodies/research organizations.
HOW TO APPLY
Detailed Curriculum Vitae with proof of required working experience, certified copies of the degrees, a copy of national identity card or passport, certificates, and any other useful documents with an application letter addressed to the Vice-Chancellor of INES-Ruhengeri should be submitted electronically via email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or physically via the Central Secretariat of INES-Ruhengeri not later than Friday, May 27, 2022, at 5:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified via the website of INES-Ruhengeri (www.ines.ac.rw).
Done at Musanze on April 25, 2022.
Fr. Dr. HAGENIMANA Fabien
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.