Driver at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR): (Deadline 1 October 2021)
This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
PROCEDURES AND ELIGIBILITY
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Drive UNHCR vehicles for the transport of authorized passengers, deliver, and collect documents and other items.
– Meet official personnel at airports or other locations and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
– Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned UNHCR vehicles are road or waterway worthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
– Perform minor repairs, arrange for other repairs, and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
– Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations, or other local procedures, are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
– Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
– Ensure that instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor and security focal point are strictly followed.
– Ensures valid documentation for passengers, items or cargo in vehicle.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
Competencies as defined in Job Profile
Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
See below for this postion’s Operational Context
The Driver in the UNHCR Office is normally supervised directly by the Administrative Officer/Associate/Assistant or another staff member when the scale of the Operation so require it. Besides driving, the incumbent is responsible for up keep and maintenance of the assigned UNHCR vehicle(s) as per technical guidance and specifications established by the Organisation. S/he is required to follow strict instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor. While the basic function of a driver is to drive the official vehicles of UNHCR, s/he may be called upon to perform minor maintenance and repair of UNHCR vehicles.
The Driver has regular contacts with staff within the UNHCR Office and with others (including Partners, government authorities, etc.) outside UNHCR involving a limited exchange of information.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.