Supply Assistant at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR): (Deadline 1 October 2021)
This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
Procedures and Eligibility
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
Duties and Qualifications
– In compliance with supply chain rules and procedures, support the related supply activities to facilitate UNHCR end to end processes resulting in a timely and quality delivery of goods and services to persons of concern.
– Support warehouse management, assist the process of the custom clearance of consignments, assist in drafting exemption requests, assist with goods & services deliveries and assist in providing information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
– Assist in maintaining accurate and comprehensive records on supply activities and assist in providing reports and updates periodically, and on request.
– Assist in the preparation of purchase requests.
– Assist in preparing quotation requests and tenders, assist in producing bid-tabulations from tenders, and assist preparing purchase orders for approval as per instructions of senior Supply staff or other line managers.
– Assist in dispatch approved Purchase Orders, and assist in follow-up with the delivery of ordered commodities and services.
– Assist in producing standard asset management reports and other asset information, periodically and when requested.
– Assist in identify and assess vendors based on their capability for delivering commodities and services. Assist in maintaining vendor and item master databases.
– Assist in maintaining accurate data in all relevant business systems. Assist in compiling statistical information on supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
In the Regional Bureaux:
In the Country Operations:
– Perform other related duties as required.
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
Competencies as defined in Job Profile
Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English
See below for this postion’s Operational Context
The Supply Assistant provides support to all activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing & procurement, transport, shipping, customs clearance, warehousing, assets & fleet management and monitoring within the area of responsibility (AoR).
The incumbent is supervised by a higher level supply position and receives regular guidance and instructions from the supervisor on successive steps. S/he works independently on routine tasks while follows instructions of the supervisor on more complex issues. The incumbent may have contacts on a working level on specific issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate performing the supply function. The duty of the incumbent is to support the management of material resources within the geographical area covered while exercising efficiency in the use of those resources.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCRs core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Closing date for submissions or applications is 01 October 2021
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.