EZ-Trainee – Economic Development at GIZ – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit: (Deadline 23 May 2022)
Parts of the Great Lakes region remain beset by instability and conflict, with 3TG (tin, tantalum, tungsten, gold) minerals playing a role in funding armed groups. The International Conference on the Great Lakes Region of Africa (ICGLR) as a regional organization was established to address this issue and promote regional cooperation on peace and development.
Since 2006, German development cooperation has supported the ICGLR Secretariat based in Bujumbura/Burundi and, in particular, the regional initiative to curb illegal trade in natural resources – RINR. GIZ’s contribution focuses on strengthening the competencies of the ICGLR conference secretariat and national coordination mechanisms for policy coordination and technical support in the implementation of the regional certification mechanism to demonstrate the conflict-free origin of 3TG minerals from the region, in order to increase transparency and secure international market access.
Promoting peace and security in the Great Lakes region ( giz.de )
Your tasks in the first practical phase:
The two subsequent practical phases and the tasks there are developed in the course of the EZ trainee program.
- Conceptual design and implementation of a concept for the design and dissemination of a toolbox with knowledge products related to raw material governance (including certification mechanisms, gender mainstreaming in the mining sector, formalization in small-scale mining) in close coordination with the partner organizations
- Coordination of content, presentation and distribution channels for sustainable anchoring
- Supporting the component management and program management in controlling the component and the overall project
You will bring these professional qualifications with you for the first practical phase:
- Studies in economics, social or political sciences, environmental sciences or comparable courses
- Focus of studies in supply chains, renewable energies, raw materials
- Necessary professional knowledge in the area: supply chains, cross-border cooperation, knowledge and information management or in comparable areas
- Enjoys presenting complicated content in a way that non-experts can easily understand
- Ability to write texts concisely and stylishly
- First experiences in the production of materials for public relations
The following knowledge and experience round off your qualifications for the entire EZ trainee program:
- Knowledge of development cooperation
- First practical experiences in a developing country
- Willingness to change location several times
- open for use in different organizations
- Intercultural Competence
- Fluent language skills in German, English and French are desirable
- unsettled security situation (high crime rate).
- extreme climatic conditions prevail
- health restrictions, high air pollution
- insufficient infrastructure,
- Limited international presence or few leisure opportunities
Further information about Rwanda can be found here
We expect fluent knowledge of German and ask you to submit all application documents in German.
Please understand that we can only accept and process applications via our e-recruiting system. If this is not possible for you, you are welcome to contact the person specified in the job advertisement.
Please check your spam/junk folder in your inbox regularly, as some providers classify the e-mails from our e-recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to support people with disabilities as they enter the workforce. Therefore, applications from people with disabilities are given special consideration.
After submitting your application, please check that you have received an automatically generated confirmation of receipt.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.