Field Agronomist Role French Beans, Sugar Snaps, Snow Peas at SOUK IG Ltd: (Deadline 10 December 2021)
FIELD AGRONOMIST ROLE FRENCH BEANS, SUGAR SNAPS, SNOW PEAS
Your role as an Agronomist would be to manage a large farm primarily producing French Beans-Sugar Snaps-Snow peas, and you will be based on field in one of the District of Rwanda. As the Field agronomist your primary role will be to ensure good management of the farm and high production.
INTRODUCTION TO SOUK FARMS
SOUK is an Agri-business investment company dedicated to the application of cutting-edge solutions in farming, trading, processing, and logistics. SOUK specializes in export of fresh horticulture produce from the beautiful and picturesque country of Rwanda.
SOUK is driven by an overarching mission to become a sustainable agricultural food products provider and partner. We aim to be at the forefront of pioneering innovation to improve the sustainability of agriculture in Africa.
- Your primary role is to ensure that expected production is always met. You will be accountable for the delivery of expected yields from the farms.
- Attaining Global GAP/SMETA certifications for the farm.
- Crop budgeting and planning, permanent record keeping, coordination of harvestings, and advising the management of daily harvestings.
- Crop rotation planning and hybrid/variety selection recommendations.
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Prepare and present detailed field reports to the lead supervisor and management.
- Ensuring that the logistics coordinator observes proper transportation and documentation of produce from the field to the end customer.
- Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
- Insect, weed, and disease monitoring / diagnostics.
- Assisting with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Ensuring the produce meets the international buyer requirements. Particularly the Global GAP accreditation.
- Making chemical, fertilizer, and seed recommendations to lead to higher yields.
- Proactively promote and inform sales team on current and potential upcoming agronomic issues that affect growing crops.
- Keep up to date with agronomic practices by attend company sponsored workshops and seminars to gain and maintain agronomic knowledge.
- Diploma/Degree in Horticulture or an equivalent combination of education.
- Experience in growing French Beans-Sugar Snaps-Snow peas is a must.
- Growing Habanero, Avocadoes, strawberry, Tomato, and Bird Eye Chili will be an added advantage
- Experience in attaining farm certifications (i.e. Global GAP/SMETA).
- Have at least 3 years of field experience in Horticulture.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Sound knowledge of fertilizer and chemical products with fertilization recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrate PR and interpersonal, and leadership skills, supervisory skills, and strategic planning
Deadline: 10th December 2021, 5:00 PM Kigali Time
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.