Junior Agronomist -Avocado at SOUK IG Ltd: (Deadline 10 December 2021)
Junior Field Agronomist
Your role as an Agronomist would be to manage a large farm primarily producing Bird Eye Chili, Habanero, French Beans, Tomato, and Avocado. This role is based on the field.
- Your primary role is to ensure that expected production is always met. You will be accountable for the delivery of expected yields from the farms.
- Recruiting, training, and supervising Farm Managers, and other Farm staff.
- Attaining Global GAP certification for the farm.
- Crop budgeting and planning, and permanent record keeping Coordination of harvestings and advising the management of daily harvestings.
- Crop rotation planning and hybrid/variety selection recommendations.
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Prepare and present detailed field reports to the lead supervisor and management.
- Ensuring that logistics coordinator observes proper transportation and documentation of produce from the field to the end customer.
- Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
- Insect, weed, and disease monitoring / diagnostics.
- Assisting with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Ensuring the produce meets the international buyer requirements. Particularly the Global GAP accreditation.
- Making chemical, fertilizer, and seed recommendations.
- Proactively promote and inform sales team on current and potential upcoming agronomic issues that affect growing crops.
- Keep up to date with agronomic practices by attend company sponsored workshops and seminars to gain and maintain agronomic knowledge.
- Diploma/Degree in Horticulture or an equivalent combination of education.
- Experience in growing Habanero, Tomato, French Beans, Avocado, and Bird Eye Chilli is a must.
- Experience in attaining farm certification (i.e. Global GAP).
- Have at least 5 years of field experience in agribusiness.
- Sound knowledge of fertilizer and chemical products with fertilization recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrate PR and interpersonal, and leadership skills, supervisory skills, and strategic planning
Deadline: 10th December 2021 5:00 PM Kigali Time
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.