FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION ASSOCIATE at Village Enterprise: (Deadline 29 September 2021)
Employer: Village Enterprise
Position: Finance & Administration Associate
Duration: 2 years
Number of Available Positions: 1 Position
Reports to: Finance & Administration Coordinator
Organization Overview: Village Enterprise’s mission is to end extreme poverty in rural Africa through entrepreneurship and innovation. Village Enterprise targets the poor, provides business training, seed capital/start-up funds, and on-going mentoring to over 10,000 new entrepreneurs to start 3,000 enterprises each year. Since its inception in 1987, Village Enterprise has started over 40,000 micro-enterprises.
Position Overview: Village Enterprise seeks a to fill the position of Finance & Administration Associate who will support in the day to day VE Finance & Administrative functions of the core programs or assigned project(s) by ensuring that excellent financial practice which conforms to internal controls and policies are in place and adhered to.
This is a full-time position based in Rulindo in Rulindo District Rwanda.
Duties & Responsibilities
Core Program 25%
- Manage and organize all core program grant application forms that come in from the field
- Generate disbursement receipts prior to disbursements
- Responsible for maintaining the office filing system with the support of Finance & Administration Filing should be timely, chronological and well organized.
- Work within their field offices to standardize the filing system
- Field staff activities facilitation and
General Finance 15%
- Prepare proper documentation for payments and file accordingly
- Responsible for proper handling of office petty cash and safe procedures
- Liaise with F&A Coordinator on periodic financial planning
- Consolidation of weekly planned expenses and sharing with F&A Manager for review as well as facilitating payments of the weekly planned
- Undertake other financial and administrative tasks as required
Net Suite 15%
- Entering daily transactions & uploading supporting documents and assist with reconciliations
- Perform monthly reviews of all Net Suite transactions you have entered and make any required corrections prior to the closing of the books
Compliance & Safeguarding 10%
- Responsible for ensuring VE accounting policies are stringently followed and educating staff on these policies as required
- Regular follow ups and provide support in developing mechanisms to ensure that advances have been issued and accounted within the required timelines and as per the
- Safeguarding: Participate in the planning of the safeguarding visits for F&A staff once every quarter and also facilitate at least one safeguarding visit per quarter.
- Assist with internal and external audits under the direction of the F&A Coordinator
- Ensure the audit documents requested are available in the allotted time
- Once the audit is completed support in ensure that all documents are correctly refiled
- Report any financial issues to the Finance Manager immediately
- Tracking of office equipment and documentation once it leaves the office
- Manage and update the East Africa Asset Listing document
- Support the proper maintenance of upkeep of office equipment
- Schedule, manage and monitor the payment of all office bills
- Responsible for managing office errands such as purchases of airtime, payment of bills,
- Responsible for taking minutes during the biweekly F&A meetings and updating the google document
- Lead in the recruitment, supervision and appraisal of the office assistant
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (BCOM) or Business Administration-Accounting or Finance or
- Minimum of at least five (3) years of accounting experience in a similar capacity working with an NGO or donor funded projects.
- Holder of professional accountancy qualification will be an added
- Possess a high degree of integrity, and a strong commitment to VE’s mission and
- Demonstrate strong inter-personal skills and the ability to transfer knowledge and visit project
- Hands on experience on application of Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); working knowledge of Netsuite accounting software
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Interested candidates who meet the desired qualification are encouraged to email their Cover Letter and CV including
3 referees and the salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to ‘The Recruitment Coordinator‘.
The subject line of your application should be clearly marked: Finance & Administration Associate. Applications must be received by 29th September 2021. Please note that late applications will note be considered
While we thank all applicants for expressing interest in the role, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Village Enterprise is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.