Human Resources Coordinator at Village Enterprise: (Deadline 29 September 2021)
Employer: Village Enterprise
Position: Human Resources Coordinator
Duration: 1 year (Renewal subject to availability of funds)
Number of Available Positions: 1 Position
Reports to: Director of Talent Management
Organization Overview: Village Enterprise’s mission is to end extreme poverty in rural Africa through entrepreneurship and innovation. Village Enterprise targets the poor, provides business training, seed capital/start-up funds, and on-going mentoring to over 10,000 new entrepreneurs to start 3,000 enterprises each year. Since its inception in 1987, Village Enterprise has started over 40,000 micro-enterprises.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Management, the Human Resources Coordinator, a self-motivated, results- oriented person with a high level integrity and professionalism will support and contribute towards the achievement of the overall strategic business plans and objectives of the human resource function of the program. Specifically, s/he is responsible for Rwanda staff recruitment and placement, staff policy implementation and ensuring HR activities are conducted in line with Village Enterprise policies and procedures and in accordance with Rwanda employment laws.
Your primary job duties and responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation of HR Strategies and Policies
- Coordinating staff recruitment, Induction and retention
- Ensuring Legal Compliance in all processes
- Facilitating implementation of Staff Professional Development activities
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities
- Implementation of HR Strategies and Policies
- Under the supervision of the Director of Talent Management provide human resource support including maintenance of employee files and personnel related documents
- Maintain the Village Enterprise HRMIS (human resource management information system) for Rwanda
- Act as an organizational resource around Rwanda employment law and labor regulations
- Provide administration of the HRIS system to ensure staff have access to the systems and information is up to date.
- Make suggestions for improvement of the HR system, policies and procedures and contribute to their definition, elaboration and implementation
- Support initiatives geared towards creation of a safe, healthy and happy workplace
- Create and track employment contracts
- Develop procedures for staff retirement taking into consideration any packages that might come with it
- Maintain and update Field Staff HR Manual, working closely with other HR staff and legal Counsel to maintain legal compliance in liaison with the Director of Talent Management
- Develop tools for any HR activities that fall outside of core HR manual in consultation with the Director of Talent Management
- Source, manage and maintain insurance contacts ensuring staff benefits are well handled, and timely renewal of insurance schemes
- Interpret Leave policy to staff for all leave types to ensure proper usage while ensuring proper planning and leave management in the system and as a practice.
- Maintain staff data ensuring staff files are frequently updated with relevant information, both physical and in
- Preparation of monthly HR reports
2. Coordinating Staff recruitment, Induction and retention
- Coordination of transparent and competitive recruitment and selection
- Maintain an active and organized data bank of applicants for various positions
- Review, standardize and prepare recruitment materials including job descriptions, job specifications, adverts and interview questions for positions to be filled
- Carry out short listing, coordinate & participate in interviews
- Manage all new hire employment forms and
- Plan and conduct/coordinate new employee orientation including provision of information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and employee benefits
- In consultation with the Country Director and Director of Talent Management, advice staff changes on a monthly basis in preparation of the payroll and submission to Finance by 20th of every month
3. Ensuring Legal Compliance
- Display in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance in relation to Rwanda law and inform the DTM accordingly in case of any updates.
- Ensure recovery of all organization items in possession of any staff departing from the organization
- Act as the focal point on the administration of complaint/grievance and disciplinary matters and processes ensuring clear documentation of
- Ensure exit interviews are carried out and appropriate records are maintained
- Ensure compliance with Village Enterprise’ safeguarding policies
- Responsible for monitoring the dedicated safeguarding hotline in Rwanda and reporting any incidents for appropriate action and follow up
- Undertake spot checks for field/business groups to ensure compliance with safeguarding
- Provide ongoing refreshers on safeguarding and code of conduct for Rwanda
- Submit monthly safeguarding report/updates to the Director of Talent Management
4. Any other tasks that may be deemed necessary Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource management, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or other related academic discipline.
- A diploma in Human Resources Management is an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant human resources management experience in a corporate or INGO environment;
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organize substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Strong communication, people management and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in working with international staff.
- Knowledge of HR Information Systems is an added advantage
- Knowledge of facilitating adult
- Ability to negotiate, advocate and influence
- Listening, coaching and counselling skills with ability to manage change
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the set criteria are invited to register and apply through: To the Director of Talent Management, Village Enterprise via
Applications should be received not later than Wednesday, 29th September 2021.
Note: We thank you for your interest in working for Village Enterprise, however, considering the number of applications received, only those shortlisted will be contacted. Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
Village Enterprise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.