Fully Funded University of Western Ontario 2022Trillium Scholarship: (Deadline Ongoing)
The Ontario Trillium Scholarships (OTS) program is an important initiative to attract top international students to Ontario for PhD studies. Students interested in the Ontario Trillium Scholarships are encouraged to express their interest in the competition to the graduate program chair when applying for admission to Western University. A qualified international applicant must be nominated for the scholarship by the Graduate Chair of the admitting program.
About University of Western Ontario
The University of Western Ontario (UWO), corporately branded as Western University, is a public research university in London, Ontario, Canada. The university was founded on 7 March 1878 by Bishop Isaac Hellmuth of the Anglican Diocese of Huron as “The Western University of London Ontario.” It incorporated Huron University College, which had been founded in 1863. The first four faculties were Arts, Divinity, Law and Medicine. The Western University of London became non-denominational in 1908.
University of Western Ontario PhD Scholarship
- Type PhD
- Organization University of Western Ontario
- Country to study Canada
- School to study University of Western Ontario
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline Not Specified
Aim and Benefits of University of Western Ontario PhD Scholarship
The reward of this scholarship is $40,000 per annum which can be renewable for up to 4 years.
Requirements for University of Western Ontario PhD Scholarship Qualification
- To be an eligible applicant you must have achieved a minimum of 80% in your last completed two academic years.
- You should be an international student while applying and also while taking up the reward.
- You should not be registered in any university degree program at the time of nomination.
- You should be having an exceptional research potential and experience and also excellent academic record at university.
- Should be planning to take PhD in the university.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Western Ontario on grad.uwo.ca to apply
- Recruit a competitive candidate(s) and have them complete and submit an Online Application for admission, or identify a competitive candidate(s) from the pool of PhD admission applications already submitted.
- Confirm that the candidate has performed at a first-class level recently by;
- Calculating two eligibility averages, one for each of the last two years of full-time study. See Academic Eligibility rule above.
- Notify the candidate(s) that they are being considered for the scholarship
- Write the Nomination Letter (max. 2 pages), addressed to the Vice-Provost, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, that provides a rationale for the choice of candidate, clearly articulating the excellence of the candidate according to the four selection criteria outlined in the Trillium Scoring Rubric
- Academic excellence
- Research potential and experience
- Interpersonal Qualities of the Candidate
- Quality and reputation of previous university and/or degree program
- Prepare the nomination file (single PDF) in this order:
- Nomination Letter
- Admission Application which normally includes: summary, academic intent, letters of reference, transcripts, supplementary documents
- CV (mandatory)
- Submit the PDF nomination to SGPS (email@example.com) any time after February 1st until SGPS closes the annual call.
- Receive nominations from graduate chairs, select the annual recipients in a timely manner, and determine a ranked waitlist of alternate candidates by August 31.
- Communicate the offers to the Ontario Trillium Scholars-elect via the admitting graduate programs
- Update the External Funding Portfolio on an ongoing basis with the results of the annual competition
- Make offers to waitlisted candidates in the event of declined offers
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.