Grants Finance Manager at World Vision International Rwanda: (Deadline 20 October 2021)
GRANTS FINANCE MANAGER
World Vision is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programmes in 29 Districts of Rwanda. Our interventions are currently reaching more than 1.5 million people.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly-qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the role of Grants Finance Manager. This critical position will be based at Head Office in Kigali, reporting to the Finance Director.
Purpose of the position:
To provide leadership and management support for all aspects of grants financial management in the National Office. This position is seen as a strategic partner responsible for ensuring accountability, stewardship, coordinating, planning, and budgeting processes, providing accurate financial data, analysis, and advice in relation to all grants finance in the National Office for improvement of the wellbeing of the most vulnerable children. The role holder is responsible for the grants finance staff capacity strengthening, the development and implementation of good internal controls, risk management, and utilization according to World Vision approved policies, standards, and procedures.
The major responsibilities include:
End Results Expected
Leadership, management, and stewardship
1. Provide effective leadership and management to the grants finance team for efficient delivery of services.
2. Effectively contribute to the NO strategy development and realization especially in relation to grants finance management.
3. Ensure donor standards and procedures are understood by WV Rwanda staff and Local Partners.
4. Provide leadership and guidance to grants implementing partners and ensure they comply with Word Vision and donor financial standards for the benefit of the most vulnerable children.
5. Ensure adequate cost efficiency and effectiveness measures for all grants are in place and provide guidance on effective resource utilization at all levels
6. Develop and update the National Office grants financial procedures, guidelines, and systems that are relevant to the context to ensure the office is in compliance with World Vision Partnership policies and major donor’s regulations.
Financial Planning, Budgeting, and resources mobilization.
1. Coordinate the grants planning and budgeting process and provide technical support, to ensure WVI and donor guidelines are met.
2. Manage all National Office grants budgets, cash flow, and projects funding, and ensure that program/project spending is in line with approved budgets and timelines.
3. Provide guidance and support in developing grants proposals and budgets to ensure that they are in line with donor requirements and meet World Vision Partnership key financial standards
4. Manage relationships with donors and Support Offices (SO), ensuring all donor finance-related requirements are addressed on a timely basis.
5. Provide financial guidelines for the analysis of grants projects closures and advise on strategic action steps for smooth phase-out in accordance with World Vision and donor guidelines.
Financial Risk Management and Controls
1. Manage appropriate financial systems and controls and ensure they are in place to avoid significant finance audit risk ratings for grants.
2. Provide timely management responses on project audits ensuring the engagement of all relevant/concerned departments of their respective findings.
3. Coordinate adequate preparation for GC and external audits for the grants / projects running at National Office
4. Develop tools and institute procedures to ensure that grants internal and external audit recommendations are timely implemented by all concerned parties at the national office level.
5. Manage grants related risks by ensuring compliance with Labor Distribution Reports (LDR) requirements, proper assets management, screening of suppliers/service providers, and timely reimbursement from donors.
Financial Accounting, Compliance, Monitoring, and Reporting
1. Develop Financial Procedures and internal control systems that are relevant to grants finance to ensure proper resources management.
2. Review the reconciliation of MyPBAS to FFR monthly with action plan for addressing outstanding items.
3. Consolidate and submit accurate WVR grants monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports in line with FFM and year end instructions.
4. Ensure that WVR projects balance sheet accounts are monthly and quarterly reviewed and analyzed to ensure their accuracy, follow up outstanding balances and that they are properly reconciled and managed.
People Management and Capacity Building
1. Assess staff development needs and coach, counsel, and accelerate their capacities to achieve agreed goals or tasks
2. Provide leadership to the whole grants finance team to ensure effective performance management
3. Train and coach all grants finance and non-finance staff to interpret and apply WVR financial policies and procedures in line with Field Financial Manual.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, and Competencies
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
Minimum Required Education, Professional Experience, and Competencies
Preferred Education, Professional Experience and Competencies
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
N.B: Women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process.
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on WV Rwandawandaemail@example.com (no applications will be accepted through this email).
The closing date for submission of applications is 20th October 2021; no late applications will be accepted.
As a child-focused organisation, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.