Sr. Technical Advisor at Jhpiego: (Deadline 14 October 2021)
Job opportunity: USAID/RISE COVID-19 Case Management & Vaccine delivery
Sr. Technical Advisor (1 position)
Jhpiego enhances the health and saves the lives of women and families in limited-resource settings. For nearly four decades, we have put evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice to overcome barriers to high-quality health care services for the world’s most vulnerable populations. From our origins as technical experts in reproductive, maternal, and child health, Jhpiego has grown to embrace new challenges, including HIV/AIDS, malaria, and cervical cancer prevention — reflecting the increasing interconnectedness of global health.
At Jhpiego, we value our customers who have our respect, responsiveness, and commitment to excellence; our staff and global network of colleagues who bring cultural diversity, innovation, and a wealth of world experience; and our work culture, which is reflected in our team spirit, transparent communication, mutual respect, flexibility, and dedication.
1. Position Description
Department: Jhpiego Rwanda Country Office
Position Title: Sr. Technical Advisor
Project: USAID/RISE COVID-19 Response in Rwanda
Position Reports to:USAID/RISE COVID-19 Response in Rwanda, Project Director
Position Supervised: Covid -19 Response Technical Coordinators
Location: Based in Kigali, Rwanda with frequent field travels
Duration: Full-time position for a period of one year
Availability: Immediately upon recruitment
Jhpiego is seeking a Sr. Technical Advisor to provide technical leadership for the USAID/RISE COVID-19 project recently awarded to Jhpiego Rwanda.
In Rwanda, Jhpiego will support the Government to prevent, and respond to COVID-19. A significant area of focus of this work is accelerating and strengthening the technical and operational capacity of community health care workers, district hospital healthcare workers to provide vaccines service delivery and to ensure quality case management at home based care and facility levels.
The Covid-19 Case Management Sr. Technical Advisor will be responsible for ensuring technical and operational rigor in the planning and scaled execution of COVID-19 Response Project being implemented at the national, facility, and community level. Rwandan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
3. Key Responsibilities
3.1 Vaccine Delivery
Provide technical advice, guidance, and support to COVID-19 vaccine delivery; preventative and public health actions will include:
- Communications for social mobilization and building vaccine confidence, including mitigation of specific misinformation & vaccine hesitancy in coordination with the National Immunization Technical Advisory Group (NITAG)
- Strengthened vaccine safety monitoring through improved and transparent identification, reporting, investigation, and management of adverse events following immunization (AEFI)
- Optimize referral, provincial and district level health facilities supported by USAID/RISE in coordination with National Deployment and Vaccination Plan (NDVP) and local government health authorities;
- Build close working relationships with key stakeholders for better coordination and synergy
- Ensure data collection and reporting tools are implemented consistently
- Contribute to program reporting and related documentation needs for assigned technical areas
- Participate in stakeholder meetings and deliver presentations, as needed
- Represent USAID/RISE in Technical Working Group and contribute to the improvement of COVID-19 vaccination delivery in supported districts.
3.2 Case management
- Provide technical advice, guidance, and support for the implementation of the clinical response, actions will include:
- In close collaboration with COVID- 19 Clinical Consultants, ensure high-quality training of health care providers and community health workers engaged in COVID-19 case management.
- Ensure the availability and use of national protocols and standards at the facility and homebased care levels.
- Collaborate with the COVID-19 Clinical Consultants for the training of health care workers across health facilities in Basic Emergency Care and Acute Hypoxia, to improve the identification, triage, stabilization, and appropriate referral.
- In close collaboration with COVID- 19 Clinical Consultants, coordinate mentorship to health care workers engaged in COVID-19 response.
- Collaborate with MoH/RBC and consultants to develop/adapt job aids and Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) for home-based care (HBC) and health facilities,
- Ensure that Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) principles are applied, as well as IPC job aids and SOPs are disseminated
- Collaborate with the COVID-19 Clinical Consultants to run the hub-and-spoke communities of practice,
- Strengthening the case management M&E system
- Contribute to program reporting and related documentation, publication needs for assigned technical area
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor
4. Desired qualification, Competencies, Technical background, and experience:
- A Medical degree, health sciences, or other related fields with a Master’s degree in Public health; equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate
- Proven records of experience in COVID-19 case management and vaccine delivery
- Proven records of skills in training, coaching, and mentoring Health Care Providers
- Experience in supervising teams
- Familiarity with Rwanda health systems and reporting structure
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with international partner organizations including USAID funded projects.
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to travel frequently to implementation health facilities managing COVID-19 cases.
- Must have Computer skills (MS Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access);
- Fluency in English, Kinyarwanda would be an asset
IMPORTANT – HOW TO APPLY!!
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online through http://jrims.org/Job_Application/
and upload the following documents in PDF format with your respective names:
- Updated CV,
- Proof of previous experiences,
- Academic Degrees & Certificates,
- 3 referees are required, one of whom should be the current employer, previous employer/supervisor with their full contacts.
Address the complete application files to Jhpiego Rwanda Country Director. The closing date for the vacancy is Thursday October 14th, 2021 @5pm. For further information on Jhpiego, please go to http://www.jhpiego.org
Only online applications shall be considered and failure to follow the outlined procedure might result in the application being disqualified.
If you don’t hear from us within three weeks from the submission deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
- Failure to follow the outlined procedure might result in the application being disqualified.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in employment because of age, religion, tribe, race, colour, gender, national origin, disability, military status, marital status, family responsibility, station of life, political opinion, health (includes HIV/AIDS, pregnancy) socioeconomic status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Employment and promotion for any position are based on an individual’s qualifications and merit. Jhpiego does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, orientation or any other fees).
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.