Human Resources and Operations Coordinator at Education Development Center (EDC): (Deadline 30 November 2021)
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Human Resources and Operations Coordinator – EDC Rwanda
Organization Background: Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunities. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high-quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
Project Background: EDC currently implements 2 projects in Rwanda. USAID Umurimo Kuri Bose (UKB) is a 2-year project that aims to increase employability skills of youth with disabilities in 12 districts, while fostering an enabling environment for youth with disabilities to be able to access and succeed in employment and self-employment. Mastercard Foundation Building Resilience in TVET through E-learning (BRITE) is a 2-Year project funded by the Mastercard Foundation, through the COVID-19 Recovery and Resilience Program (CRRP). BRITE is implemented by Education Development Center (EDC) in support and close collaboration with Rwanda Polytechnic (RP) and Rwanda TVET Board (RTB) to integrate e-learning into TVET trainings and learning. BRITE support will essentially focus on following components (1) Transferable Employability Skills through Interactive Audio Lessons, (2) Technical Trade-based e-learning and; (3) E-work based learning for remote support to students during their industrial attachment and internships. BRITE will serve the eight (8) Integrated Polytechnic Regional Centers (IPRCs) and in some TVET Schools.
Position Description: The Human Resources and Operations Coordinator will be responsible for EDC’s Rwanda Human Resources and Operations activities under the guidance and supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager. He/she will ensure that project Human Resources and operations function smoothly in accordance with EDC policies and procedures and in compliance with donor requirements. He/she will be in charge of EDC ‘s day-to-day Human Resources and operations activities including: Payroll management, timesheet management, consultancy contracts; procurement, transport and logistics, operational strategy, and support service management so that the project’s programs can run smoothly and adhere to consistent organization HR & operations policies and procedures. He/she will supervise the operations and procurement team, including procurement assistant, drivers, office cleaners, and security.
He/she will effectively interact with a diverse staff, engage as a member of a team, accept feedback, troubleshoot questions or problems and seek help, participate in regular planning activities with technical teams for seamless administrative and logistical support, supervision, and support as needed.
This position reports to the Finance and Administration Manager.
Essential functions include [but are not limited to]:
1. HUMAN RESOURCES:
- Ensure compliance and alignment of EDC’s HR policies and practices to Rwanda Labor Law.
- Coordinate staff recruitment tasks including: job postings, shortlisting of candidates, setting interviews schedules, filing of staff selection process;
- Maintain all HR record keeping system and files such as personnel files and the staff vacation plan and use as per EDC policy.
- Ensure implementation of time and attendance policy by project staff as per EDC internal rules.
- Ensure that staff submit their timesheets on a timely basis, review timesheets for accuracy.
- Liaise with the leadership and Finance and Administration Manager in organizing staff team building activities and staff meetings.
- Liaise with Finance and Administration Manager in orienting new staff to the EDC policy and procedures manuals.
- Ensure that personnel files as well as any other private and sensitive information are securely stored and not accessible to wider staff to protect the privacy and confidentiality of all staff.
- Make available all HR & administration templates to project staff.
- Liaise with Finance and Administration Manager, and EDC Home Office in updating the Policies and Procedures Manual whenever needed.
- Support the Finance and Administration Manager and EDC Leadership team to develop appropriate local human resource practices and assist with the local Policies, Procedures and Systems.
- Supervise Drivers, Office and Logistics Assistant, Janitors/cleaners.
- Plan, organize, and independently carry out workload priorities to ensure smooth and timely coordination and production.
- Apply organizational terms, procedures, systems, and policies.
- Perform any other duties as may be requested by the supervisor.
He will assure that the most reasonable, fair, expeditious, and appropriate procurement choices are made in a transparent manner in accordance with EDC, USAID and Mastercard Foundation procurement processes. This includes:
- Coordinate procurement of goods and services from local vendors
- Ensure that the terms of reference include the correct specifications
- Develop and coordinate sourcing strategy
- Coordinate the process for supplier selection and evaluation
- Ensure quality Assurance
- Bid analysis: review, ensure accuracy, and approve based on the threshold.
- Purchase requisition and Purchase order: review, ensure accuracy, and sign
- Ensure that EDC’s equipment and vehicles have the ability to perform at acceptable standards.
- Oversee vehicle registration, maintenance, travel plans, mileage, fuel, and driver performance.
- Make sure first aids and emergency contacts in each vehicle is up to date
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of vehicle log books
- Ensure the security of vehicles in Kigali and the field.
- Budget for transportation and logistics activities.
- Receive and Review requests.
- Review, ensure accuracy, and sign on purchase requisitions and Purchase orders.
- Vet the venues
- Make sure participants lists, photo/video disclaimers, and other required documents are filled in
Hotel booking and airport pick up for STTAs:
- Supervise the hotel bookings and organize the airport pick up.
- Interact with senior management on issues related to the visitors’ transportation and logistics.
- Review and approve the stock report.
- From time to time conduct stock counting
- Approve request for stock (in & out)
- Supervise the stock tidiness.
Office maintenance, cleaning, and security:
- Approves and supervise the office maintenance and security
- Responsible for the maintenance of office premises, supplies, and equipment.
- In charge of project registration and insurance renewals.
- File all the leases
- Arrange leases for the project office and international staff residences (including looking for houses for international staff when needed)
- Prepare the lease for HQ approval
- Do the security check for residences.
5. CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
- Manage all contracts from service providers.
- Manage all contracts from consultants
- Will be the liaison with third party service providers such as security, sanitation, and utility providers
- The HR& operations coordinator will ensure that standard procedures are followed when third-party service providers are hired and that the third party properly executes in accordance with the terms of the agreement.
- Supervise the office network
- Manage all EDC-Rwanda IT Equipment
- Approve IT Consultant invoices and timesheet
- Share reports as needed.
- Ensure telecommunication and connectivity are addressed and resolved.
7. SECURITY & SAFETY FOCAL POINT (SSFP)
- Serve as the SSFP focal point for EDC-Rwanda
- Liaise with Security Director from the home office
- Do security checks as needed.
- Update the Emergency Action plan as required.
- Orient new staff on EDC Security
- Keep record of all incidents reports.
- Supervisor: Finance and Administration Manager
- Supervisees: Logistics Assistant and Drivers
- A Bachelor’s in Administration, Human Resources, procurement, Business studies or other related fields from a recognized institution
- Other relevant professional/management certifications
Skills and Experience:
- At least 4 years of working experience in a similar work with at least 2 years of supervisory experience in operations, Human resources, maintenance, and/or administration.
- Demonstrated ability working on multiple and complex activities simultaneously.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations (particularly experience with USAID procurement regulations) will be an advantage.
- Ability to supervise, maintain confidentiality, and use sound judgment on sensitive matters.
- Ability to develop effective work plans and priorities in order to meet business objectives.
- Demonstrated expertise in negotiation, conflict resolution, and stakeholder management.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal or no supervision.
- Knowledge of Administration processes, procurement, logistics, HR systems, and principles.
- Knowledge of computer packages (including Excel, Word, PPP, and other)
- Interpersonal relations
- Confidentiality and Ethical behavior.
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
Application process: Interested candidates should submit their application via email email@example.com addressed to the EDC Country Director, including a CV and Cover letter, not later than November 30, 2021 midnight.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
EDC is committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women are encouraged to apply.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.