Applied Research Internship at Facebook in the United States: (Deadline 31 August 2020)
Applications call for Applied Research Internship on Speech Recognition at Facebook in the United States of America. The intern will join the Facebook AI Applied Research Speech and Multi-Modal Video Understanding teams in Menlo Park, Seattle, and New York City. These teams at Facebook create spoken language technology to make it faster and easier for people to build community and connect with others around the world.
Candidates will do the following duties on this Applied Research Internship at Facebook in the United States
- Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines.
- Develop novel and accurate speech algorithms and systems, leveraging deep learning and machine learning on big data resources.
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various deployed systems.
- Collaborate with team members from prototyping to production.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Ph.D. degree.
- Intent to return to the degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Experience in C/C++ and Python.
- Experience in deep learning frameworks.
- Research and/or work experience in machine learning, deep learning, and/or speech technology.
Facebook, Inc. is an American social media and technology company based in Menlo Park, California. It was founded by Mark Zuckerberg, along with fellow Harvard College students and roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes, originally as TheFacebook.com—today’s Facebook, popular global social networking website. It is one of the Big Four technology companies along with Amazon, Apple, and Google. Facebook is one of the world’s most valuable companies. Facebook offers other products and services. It acquired Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus, and independently developed Facebook Messenger, Facebook Watch, and Facebook Portal.