Human Resources Internship in United Nations in Switzerland: (Deadline 29 June 2021)
The United Nations Officer of High Commissioner for Human Rights calls application for Human Resources Internship in Geneva, Switzerland. The internship is an UNPAID and full-time engagement that provides a framework through which students from diverse academic backgrounds gain exposure to the work of the United Nations by way of their service within Secretariat entities. Applicants should have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations with a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter and have the demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs – which includes a willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
The intern shall support OHCHR in fulfilling its mission: to work for the protection of all human rights for all people; to help empower people to realize their rights; and to assist those responsible for upholding such rights in ensuring that they are implemented.
- Daily responsibilities of Human Resources Management [Staff Development] interns will depend on the individual’s background and duties may include but are not limited to supporting the Staff Development Unit in general and, in particular, the intern may:
- Update the content of the external website for the internship program in preparation for the advertisement on inspira.
- Update the intranet page of the Internship Programme for the Interns forum.
- Develop an extensive frequently asked questions (FAQs) page for interns; Assist with the processing of internship applications for the winter semester.
- Assist with the onboarding of interns; Support the administration of interns.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned by the supervisor, as appropriate.
To qualify for the United Nations Secretariat internship program applicants must, at the time of their submission, be enrolled in the final academic year of a first-level university degree program (i.e. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree); be enrolled in a graduate school program (i.e. Master’s degree or equivalent degree, or higher) or have completed an aforementioned academic degree, preferably in the area of human resources management, business or public administration, social sciences, education or a related field, AND, if selected, must commence the internship on the date indicated on the acceptance letter.
For this internship, fluency in English or French is necessary, knowledge of the other is an asset. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable (i.e. Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish).
Candidates must submit a cover letter along with the application. In particular, the cover letter must
- Specify your general interest in OHCHR, including in the work of the human resources staff development.
- Indicate recently obtained academic degree or the scheduled graduation for university study currently underway.
- Specify your period of availability and earliest commencement date.
- Indicate information technology (IT) skills and programs in which you are proficient.