● Provide oversight and follow-up on outstanding helpdesk requests to ensure timely resolution. Maintain compliance with internal and external Service Level Agreements,
● Apply patches, configure security, and handle change control in accordance with best practices,
● Implement and manage Radius based authentication, • Manage and maintain Voice over IP system utilized throughout the campus,
● Providenetwork connectivity support for AV systems throughout the campus, • Monitor and engage with ISPs on Internet bandwidth utilization,
● Implement new installations and movement of remote locations throughout Butaro Campus, this includes installation of network access devices, digital signage and security camera systems,
● Implement IT strategies and procedures that seek to guide the IT Support Service delivery model,
● Provide advice and guidance on the application and operation of elementary physical, procedural and technical security controls,
● Contribute to team effort by support implementation of the Campus IT strategy and ensuring that Campus data protection and network access policy are adhered to,
● Promote continuity of service delivery by keeping the team informed of any potential problems and provide possible solutions,
● Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
● Repair and recover from system failures.
● Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
● Upgrade and configure system software
● Perform periodic systems performance reporting.
● Perform ongoing performance tuning, software upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
● Performs and complete any other special projects as requested by supervisor.
Qualification and experience:
● Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
● 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
● System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
● Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
● Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
● Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
● Proficiency in English