ITC Assistant at International Organization for Migration (IOM): (Deadline 20 October 2021)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
: Resources Management Unit (RMU)
: General Service Staff, Grade G5 (UN Salary Scale for
Type of Appointment
: One-year Fixed-term, with the possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date
: As soon as possible
October 20, 2021
VN2021/20 – RW
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer, and technical supervision of the Regional Office (RO) IT Officer the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for all ITC related activities within IOM Rwanda.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Implementation, management, and maintenance of Information Technology and Communication services in IOM Rwanda office including the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC), Transit Centre (TC) and if required IOM supported facilities.
- Managing and maintaining the mission’s communication systems/equipment including, mobile lines, PABX, VOIP and other sat-phones, Internet access, International Faxing services, HF/VHF Radios and all other communication-related matters.
- Installation, configuration, and upgrading desktop and laptop computers and software used in the mission.
- Assist in installation, operation, and administration of the security for the various system and network components, including protection against viruses, access to email and Internet, relational database management systems and implementation of ITC disaster recovery services.
- Ensuring data and system integrity by setting up and administrating IT security systems: anti-virus, backup routines, access controls, firewall, and physical security.
- Develop, when needed, software for automating the tasks of various departments as well as testing and suggesting new software packages, which can improve the overall efficiency of the mission.
- Ensure that all helpdesk queries are answered appropriately via email, telephone call or in person.
- Providing support of in house produced software (Mimosa, iGator, Amadeus, etc.)
- Providing appropriate IT/Communication training to all users in the Mission
- Maintain regular updates to the technical documentation for the voice and data networks.
- Maintaining necessary documentation for system maintenance and support procedures in IOM Rwanda Office including the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC), Transit Centre (TC) and if required IOM supported facilities.
- In coordination with procurement, unit maintain/follow up appropriate maintenance contracts for all IT/Communication equipment.
- Ensure strict adherence to IOM ITC Standards and liaising with IOM ITC departments in Manila for any exception.
- Assist the RMO in developing internal instructions/elaborate documentation for user guidance and for effective use of applications, protection of ITC equipment as well as adherence to ITC standards.
- Performing any other related duties as required from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or a combination of relevant education and professional experience
- High school diploma/certificate with five years of working experience in IT or Computer science.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in LAN/WAN networking environment.
- Working knowledge of: Windows Server 2016 software in a multi-site environment, Microsoft Exchange Online (XO), TCP/IP Protocol, Cisco Router Configuration, Windows 10 administration, and Microsoft office 365 tools and application.
- Experience with HP/Compaq, IBM, and Cisco, Parasonic, and Siemen equipment.
- Strong knowledge and working experience with Codan HF Radio systems data/mail replications plus Codan software.
- Ability to design and configure networks
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MSCE) certification and/or Cisco Certifications an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills and experience in training required.
- Experience in working in an international organization
English (Fluent in written and spoken).French and Kinyarwanda is an added advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Client Orientation – Keeps clients informed of developments and setbacks
- Continuous Learning – Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – Presents goals as shared interests
- Performance Management Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Planning and Organizing – Adjusts priorities and plans to achieve goals
- Professionalism – Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Technological Awareness – Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Resource Mobilization – Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and a work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th October 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
The subject of your e-mail MUST indicate the reference code, the Position title as well as candidate’s names
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a completed Personnel History Form (please download and fill it) and an application letter (not more than one page)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 07.10.2021 to 20.10.2021
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.